Page 300 of 317 FirstFirst ... 293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3163
  1. #2991
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,559

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Narrrr theres a "workaround" to getting W11 to install on a PC that Doesn't have a TPM 2.0 chip as the computers are quite old. Both my workshop PC's don't have the Settings in the BIOS (enable TPM) had to do a fresh install of W10, then a in-place upgrade to W11 after changing 1 file in the ISO, worked nicely without problems.
    It's not just TPM - which I don't have BTW, also my CPU is too old. I said it was time for an upgrade!
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  2. #2992
    Short Member pcuser42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pukekohe Shuttle
    Posts
    10,117

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Chances are you don't actually need to install a separate TPM

    I just turned on PTT in the BIOS settings and suddenly Windows 10 said I now have a TPM 2.0 chip.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

    Twitter

  3. #2993
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,559

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    I see the first Win11 preview is available. Who'll be the first to report? (Not me, with a dead PC )
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  4. #2994
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,568

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I see the first Win11 preview is available. Who'll be the first to report? (Not me, with a dead PC )
    booted up one of the insiders -- good start set it booting came inside made a cuppa went out -- OK -- Dummy had forgotten to plug the HDD back in

    Started again - And there is is, This PC doesnt have Secure boot, TPM or PPT options. Did read that for insider builds its not enforcing the requirements -- Well see.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows 11 Download.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	10970

    I wonder if MS will drop the Requirements ?? there's going to be millions of computers around the world not meeting them, if they insist - W11 will be a FLOP!!

  5. #2995
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,559

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    booted up one of the insiders -- good start set it booting came inside made a cuppa went out -- OK -- Dummy had forgotten to plug the HDD back in

    Started again - And there is is, This PC doesnt have Secure boot, TPM or PPT options. Did read that for insider builds its not enforcing the requirements -- Well see.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows 11 Download.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	10970

    I wonder if MS will drop the Requirements ?? there's going to be millions of computers around the world not meeting them, if they insist - W11 will be a FLOP!!
    I was reading this morning that one of the things that will be evaluated with the insider previews is to what degree if any the requirements can be eased. I suspect "having a melted PC" will never make the grade.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  6. #2996
    Senior Member paulw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Morrinsville
    Posts
    4,219

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    As I'm now booted out of the Dev and Beta channels wonder when I can download a ISO file of Win 11 to try on a VM?? Downloaded Oracal VM Box the other day and now trying some Linux versions though the experience is a little challenging most likely due to using it on a VM.
    Regards,

    Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

  7. #2997
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,568

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I was reading this morning that one of the things that will be evaluated with the insider previews is to what degree if any the requirements can be eased. I suspect "having a melted PC" will never make the grade.
    yeah a melted PC might be pushing it a little to far

    Reading through the insider forum, there's LOTS of people whose computers are not up to spec. This IS BS !! They run W10 fine and would do so with W11.

    MS are trying the TPM / Secure boot route to try and stop attacks, BUT 99% of the time its NOT BIOS level attack's its Users opening various things, clicking on links because something looks good or various other reasons. The classic is "I got Hacked" cry When in fact the truth is the person got hit by a scammer and opened a remote program.

    Mines at about 80% installing stage - so we'll see how this goes.

    There Will be ISO's at some stage, just like W10.

  8. #2998
    Senior Member Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    2,071

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    yeah a melted PC might be pushing it a little to far

    Reading through the insider forum, there's LOTS of people whose computers are not up to spec. This IS BS !! They run W10 fine and would do so with W11.

    MS are trying the TPM / Secure boot route to try and stop attacks, BUT 99% of the time its NOT BIOS level attack's its Users opening various things, clicking on links because something looks good or various other reasons. The classic is "I got Hacked" cry When in fact the truth is the person got hit by a scammer and opened a remote program.

    Mines at about 80% installing stage - so we'll see how this goes.

    There Will be ISO's at some stage, just like W10.
    Pays to do some digging

    Found that my CPU is supported but got the TPM not found, so back in the BIOS to see anything regarding PPT as I originally found nothing under Security

    After looking around some motherboards have it listed in different places, had another look and found it under peripherals of all places

    Enabled PPT and good to go

  9. #2999
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,568

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Well that went easy. So far its all working OK, at the moment anyway.

    The winver

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W11 Insider.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	10972

    No expiry date either.

    This machine has a old MB, no security options anywhere. So its possible to run w11, guess have to wait and see how MS alter things.

  10. #3000
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,559

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Well that went easy. So far its all working OK, at the moment anyway.

    The winver

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W11 Insider.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	10972

    No expiry date either.

    This machine has a old MB, no security options anywhere. So its possible to run w11, guess have to wait and see how MS alter things.
    Interesting. I might have to try and fire up a VM and see if I can get it to work on this machine.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Similar Threads

  1. Im deploying multipoint on server tech preview 2
    By Mirddes in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 06:15 PM
  2. Windows 10 Tech Preview
    By Tony in forum PressF1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 03:45 PM
  3. Windows 8 Release Preview
    By ruup in forum PressF1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
  4. downloading Windows 8 preview
    By GameJunkie in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-09-2011, 12:16 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •