Page 302 of 315 FirstFirst ... 295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3147
  1. #3011
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,545

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Are you giving feedback to MS? Now is the time to do it.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  2. #3012
    Senior Member baabits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    too far away
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Are you giving feedback to MS? Now is the time to do it.
    am for some of it, small irritating things especially. I know there are other ways but please let me open the task manager from right clicking the task bar again. I've done it like that for so long that it's hard to change, and it feels like they're just removing it for the sake of removing it.

  3. #3013
    Senior Member baabits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    too far away
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Heard there is a known fault / Bug with Dual displays, my Insider doesn't have two monitors

    As for the menu - anyone who is trying 11

    https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/...enu-windows-11
    also another weird bug with the new context menu, see attachment. if you open a context menu that would appear below the taskbar, the whole menu moves to the bottom.

    having fun discovering lots of stuff like this.

    also can I say that the Show more options feature on the new context menu is the most microsoft thing ever and I expect it'll stick with us for the next 3 versions of windows

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	10989

  4. #3014
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,504

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    also another weird bug with the new context menu, see attachment. if you open a context menu that would appear below the taskbar, the whole menu moves to the bottom.

    having fun discovering lots of stuff like this.

    also can I say that the Show more options feature on the new context menu is the most microsoft thing ever and I expect it'll stick with us for the next 3 versions of windows

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	10989
    Yep, also found that if you right click something you have to also click Show More options to get to the copy/cut/paste. Bit annoying.
    I know its easy enough to go ctrl + C, ctrl +x or ctrl+v but lots of people struggle now and even today still amazing how many people don't know what the right click button on the mouse does
    Last edited by wainuitech; 10-07-2021 at 10:32 AM.

  5. #3015
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,545

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Yep, also found that if you right click something you have to also click Show More options to get to the copy/cut/paste. Bit annoying.
    I know its easy enough to go ctrl + C, ctrl +x or ctrl+v but lots of people struggle now and even today still amazing how many people don't know what the right click button on the mouse does
    I read somewhere that there have been some changes to the context menus where the "more options" are reduced and more is added to the top context menu.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  6. #3016
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,545

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Maybe we should start a new thread - "Windows 11 previews" or something.
    I must say I'm getting very envious of all these new experiences when I don';t currently have an environment to try them in.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  7. #3017
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,504

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Maybe we should start a new thread - "Windows 11 previews" or something.
    I must say I'm getting very envious of all these new experiences when I don';t currently have an environment to try them in.
    Either that or get one of the Mods to change the name of the Thread ??

    Just installed Windows 11 Insider as a fresh install, downloaded it using UUP Dump, made the ISO

    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/downl...eview-iso-file

    Worked fine, installed easily enough, and simple to use only a user name no MS Account. When installing select make sure you are NOT connected to the internet, then select --I dont have internet / Continue with limited setup / Then add in a user Name.

    This old laptop had a activated W10 on it, and accepted the previous activation (when it did connect) and currently downloading drivers

    one "bug" hit the other day, something went wrong and it went on a real go slow on bootup, so dropped the image I made the day before and good as gold again.

  8. #3018
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,545

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Either that or get one of the Mods to change the name of the Thread ??
    That sounds like a better idea - maintains some continuity. I don't know how to do that - could you handle it?
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

  9. #3019
    Senior Member paulw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Morrinsville
    Posts
    4,207

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    I just installed Win 10 on a VM but when I go top Insider it still says that my PC doesn't meet the Win 11 requirements. Oh well wasted effort.
    Regards,

    Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

  10. #3020
    Senior Moment Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waitakere City
    Posts
    4,545

    Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    I just installed Win 10 on a VM but when I go top Insider it still says that my PC doesn't meet the Win 11 requirements. Oh well wasted effort.
    I assume a typo. You installed Win11 presumably?
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Similar Threads

  1. Im deploying multipoint on server tech preview 2
    By Mirddes in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 06:15 PM
  2. Windows 10 Tech Preview
    By Tony in forum PressF1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 03:45 PM
  3. Windows 8 Release Preview
    By ruup in forum PressF1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
  4. downloading Windows 8 preview
    By GameJunkie in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-09-2011, 12:16 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •