Page 189 of 196 FirstFirst ... 182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1954

Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

Know what you mean, I built a computer from some spare parts, threw WHS (original) onto it, was only meant to be a temp for a few months to try WHS, then build a better - 9 years later still going strong, never did get around to replacing it. WHS came out on 4 November 2007.

Does nightly backups, and they work ( tried them several times)

I still got V2 New in the packet, never been used - one day maybe
    Last edited by wainuitech; 29-08-2017 at 10:37 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

16278 coming down the tubes for fast ring (not skip-ahead). all bug fixes.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

That was quick. Job for later, the insider PC's are busy cloning / Imaging other drives at the moment.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Build 16353 (skip-ahead only) downloading now. First attempt failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Build 16353 (skip-ahead only) downloading now. First attempt failed.
    Mine went straight in no problems, did take quite a while though. After requiring the reboot it did go through faster than others. "Maybe" they are doing more work during installing so not so long a wait on reboot ? just a theory

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Mine went straight in no problems, did take quite a while though. After requiring the reboot it did go through faster than others. "Maybe" they are doing more work during installing so not so long a wait on reboot ? just a theory
    My second attempt went OK. I think you are quite right about the process. Didn't I read in a link you posted that they are doing more work up front while (in theory) you can still use the machine so that the period of unavailability is much shorter?

Now more and more friends are upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but it will take some time to get used to it.As in the case of the win10 login, unlike before, the user who logged in was a local user,
    but since Windows 8, users have to login into computer with Microsoft mail.the login user can't be cracked in a easy wey , so when user forgot Windows password , he needs to be logged in to a Microsoft password system to reset the password

Quote Originally Posted by Ganksk View Post
    Now more and more friends are upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but it will take some time to get used to it.As in the case of the win10 login, unlike before, the user who logged in was a local user,
    but since Windows 8, users have to login into computer with Microsoft mail.the login user can't be cracked in a easy wey , so when user forgot Windows password , he needs to be logged in to a Microsoft password system to reset the password
    Totally incorrect, you can boot directly into windows with no log on to click going to local with or without a password if you want, or an email with password, the choice is yours. The comment about cracking ( bypassing) the email password, again, easy enough if you know how, do it all the time on customers computers
    Last edited by wainuitech; 02-09-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganksk View Post
    but since Windows 8, users have to login into computer with Microsoft mail.the login user can't be cracked in a easy wey
    I have Win 8.1 on one PC and Win10 on another, neither have a microsoft login attached to them. Both use local user accounts.

Easiest way to avoid the nagging on install is to disconnect from the internet

Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    I have Win 8.1 on one PC and Win10 on another, neither have a microsoft login attached to them. Both use local user accounts.

Easiest way to avoid the nagging on install is to disconnect from the internet
    Maybe my words are too direct, but I do need to sign up for Microsoft when I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows,He gave me the tip to prevent the login password missing, improve password security management ,i guess i can reset account with Microsoft account if i forget Windows 10 login password , but i gave up .
    Last edited by Ganksk; 04-09-2017 at 03:38 PM.