Page 187 of 196 FirstFirst ... 180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1954

Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    16273 downloading - at last.
    Awhhhh looks like they may have sorted the "bug" that was causing no new versions.
    They hit a large bug that stopped the rollback options form what I gather.

Still appears to hang at 76-79% for sometime, then carries on, so just something to watch out for.

See they have introduced a new font as well,
    Bahnschrift is our own rendition of the DIN font standard. Apart from being the standard road sign font in Germany and much of Europe, DIN is frequently used by graphic designers for its high legibility and clean, hard-working design style. ---------- All these weights are “duplexed” – meaning they do not change in width when you change weight. You can switch from Light to Bold without changing the layout at all.
    Some Commercial fonts cost an arm and a leg. I was after one in particular the other day to match my original business cards , found it, but being commercial it was going to cost over $500 --- Errrrr narrrrrrr
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-08-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

I've had one install completed with no probs and another on the old slow machine is at 78% on the final install phase.

That new font technology looks v. interesting. I do a bit of DTP so I'll have a play with it to see how it works.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Ditto, first one went fine, doing the second now, does seem to download/install in stages. downloads a bit -installes, refreshes, downloads some more, installs etc.

The new fonts are there. Gonna see if they can be carried across/installed on the regular W10 builds.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

All three went in no probs. The new font technology looks interesting. I read a couple of articles about it. The main benefit seems to be faster loading for text-heavy web pages with unusual fonts. I don't see why it shouldn't transfer OK - it is not a technology limited to MS.

I copied the new font file to my version 1703 machine and it all worked fine - Word recognised it and treated it just like any other font. Odd thing when I was copying the file - I got a "duplicate file" message even though there were no duplicates, and it also said there were 4 duplicates all with the same file name, date, size etc. I've posted feedback. It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens to you. I only had this issue with the bahnschrift font - another TTF file copied with no messages.

New build 16275 now downloaded and installed on 2 non skip-ahead machines. Update very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    New build 16275 now downloaded and installed on 2 non skip-ahead machines. Update very quick.
    Thats a surprise. Wasn't expecting this till next week.

They are getting ready for the General public release /upgrade possibly next month.

If you have the Skip Ahead working don't turn it back to a normal insider fast ring --
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16275 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead). Note that if you joined Skip Ahead and leave it to take this build, you will be unable to re-join Skip Ahead.
    The new one on Skip Ahead should be RS4 while the one due out shortly for general is still only RS3. Reading last week that the build numbers have jumped to 17000 in rs4

Dona did say there would be more frequent updates for the fast ring. I saw the comment about leaving skip ahead.

Have you tried copying that new font? I noticed my feedback has had 1 upvote, so it's not just me....

Yeah I put the new font on two computers, went straight in no problems at all, simply copied the font file out of the insider build, right click -install-- Done.

With a bit of playing about with the options in word, its so close to the one I wanted for my business cards you would be hard pressed to see the difference

So what was your transfer method? disk->USB->disk, or drag and drop? Mine was drag and drop from the VM to another disk. Copy, not install.