Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 190191192193194195196197
Results 1,961 to 1,966 of 1966

Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

Set one of the insider builds going earlier today, I was out some of the time, so cant say exactly how long it took, but appears to have gone in,17063 and working fine so far.

Looked at a couple of the changes, but no real time to "play" with them, 14 hour days at the moment -------but good just before xmas
    Last edited by wainuitech; 20-12-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Finally got the old PC to update. It had been unsuccessful since 17025, freezing at the first restart at the Windows logo. After posting to the Microsoft Community I eventually found that if I disable the ACPI HPET table in the BIOS it all works.

I'm now at 17063 like the rest of the world. The question of course is when if ever will MS fix things so that work-around isn't necessary.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

17025 Was the "halt" build, anything after that they had various problems with the delivery system Hence the Halt on new builds. The build 17063 is meant to have sorted it.

(Own personal Opinion) Sooner or later the older hardware will become out of date and not work correctly ( if at all).

There is already with Newer hardware that wont take any Windows OS other than W10. Had one a few weeks back the intel CPU caused an error when installing W8.1 with a pop up stating "Unsupported Hardware" with the message:

Unsupported hardware
    Your PC uses a processor that is designed for the latest version of Windows. Because the processor is not supported together with the Windows version that you are currently using, your system will miss important security updates.
    Now while this may suit people who don't want updates - there's a "gotya" It also wont allow some other settings to be changed .

I do have a "patch" that is meant to bypass it, but have not yet tried it as no new generation CPU's and older OS's.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    (Own personal Opinion) Sooner or later the older hardware will become out of date and not work correctly ( if at all).
    I am constantly amazed that my old PC still functions. I don't use it for anything serious, just to see how long I can go before it actually keels over. It is slow as, but still seems to get there in the end. It is also loaded with a bunch of very old disks that are also starting to be a temperamental, so the chance of it making it through 2018 have to be fairly slim.

Interesting...
    17074 installing on the VM, but the old machine that was getting stuck at 17046 and eventually got fixed is not seeing the update at all.

Just started up two of mine, one was already at 87% after a minute or so, and the other had to manually run the updates twice before it detected the new build.

I liked the new look layout, while mainly only cosmetic it was nicer to look and use. See they have added some more options to the start menu to test after requests from insiders.

Reading the Blog, some AMD based computers are still being blocked from this upgrade.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...uild-17074-pc/
    Last edited by wainuitech; 13-01-2018 at 09:56 AM.