Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Veon 55 inch LED TV Model VN5519LED

I have just purchased the above TV to replace my ageing 40 inch Samsung (blown up once and now strange colours showing on screen.

My new unit has an OK picture (on par with the Samsung when new) but the sound from the speakers is utter crap ! I have read about this on various forums and had accepted that I would need to buy a PC type speaker system, or feed it through my surround sound system. Unfortunately the TV does not appear to have any form of audio output connections.

One of HDMI sockets on the back is labelled HDMI/ARC which I resume to have some audio use, but do not really know.

Can anyone help ?

Default Re: Veon 55 inch LED TV Model VN5519LED

I guess there's a reason they are so cheap. I can't offer much help there except to suggest feeding audio from some sort of freeview tuner/recorder/TiVo device and just using the TV as a monitor. Even my Samsung TV has pretty rubbish sound although it is ok in a pinch just to watch TV.

I have a Samsung plasma which probably does have audio outputs but I just use it as a giant monitor for my various devices via my surround receiver so it's not important. TV is handled by the TiVo, Blu-ray by the PS3, music & internet by my media PC. All are connected Via HDMI to my receiver which then feeds the TV which doesn't even have an aerial connected to it. I love having a single HDMI connection from each device, it's so much easier to sort out than my old setup with various types of A/V connections.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Get a sound bar that will take an ARC HDMI input. ARC = Audio Return Channel

They should have a S/PDIF/Toslink connection

Depends also what you want to connect too

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    I guess there's a reason they are so cheap. I can't offer much help there except to suggest feeding audio from some sort of freeview tuner/recorder/TiVo device and just using the TV as a monitor. Even my Samsung TV has pretty rubbish sound although it is ok in a pinch just to watch TV.

I have a Samsung plasma which probably does have audio outputs but I just use it as a giant monitor for my various devices via my surround receiver so it's not important. TV is handled by the TiVo, Blu-ray by the PS3, music & internet by my media PC. All are connected Via HDMI to my receiver which then feeds the TV which doesn't even have an aerial connected to it. I love having a single HDMI connection from each device, it's so much easier to sort out than my old setup with various types of A/V connections.
    Yes they are cheap, I picked up mine for $599, I thought pretty good for a new 55inch LED panel. Another problem is my LG blue-ray box has no audio inputs either to accept a signal from my sky box.

As a last resort I could probably take the back off, disconnect the old speakers and hang a couple of cables out the back to connect to some more salubrious speakers.

Of course I could return it under the 3 year warranty, but I would need to spend at least double for another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    Get a sound bar that will take an ARC HDMI input. ARC = Audio Return Channel
    Yes I had thought of that, but a decent sound bar would just as much as the TV. ($599) Plus with my surround sound 5:1 system I would have speakers everywhere !

Cheers for the reply

Does your 5.1 system have a spare HDMI input you can try the HDMI/ARC connection on? You Get a cheap $10 cable from PBtech or Jaycar or similar if so.
    http://www.cnet.com/au/news/what-is-...n-channel-arc/
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    Does your 5.1 system have a spare HDMI input you can try the HDMI/ARC connection on? You Get a cheap $10 cable from PBtech or Jaycar or similar if so.
    http://www.cnet.com/au/news/what-is-...n-channel-arc/
    No unfortunately, only the one connecting it to the TV.

What is the model of home theater system.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    What is the model of home theater system.
    Hi there Sorry about the delay. The unit is LG BH6520TW

Cheers for your reply.