Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: New Business Desktop

Getting rid of hand-held camera shake in Premiere Pro 6 is very RAM intensive. I only like to do clips up to 3 min long. 5 min bombs. That's with 8 GB of RAM. And it takes me an hour or more. (i5-3570 @ 4.1 GHz)

(Caveat: I haven't tried long clips after discovering and correcting a SSD-space problem)
    Ryzen 7 1700 @ stock, EVO 960 500GB M.2 NVMe, G-Skill 2 x 16GB @ 2.4GHz,
    GA-AB350N-Gaming Wifi (mITX), EVGA GTX970. Media player: i7-6700k

What version of windows is this?? igdkmd64.sys can crash on a system that uses hybrid graphics. KB2670838 is a known cause of this on Win7 systems. This was one of Microsoft's botched updates.

And it does crash igdkmd64.sys because its not compatible with hybrid gfx drivers. The fix is KB2834140. For windows 7. An update for Win8 also caused this crash. Cant remember which one tho
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 08-10-2014 at 09:17 PM.

If these crashes are still happening, upload these dmp files somewhere like Onedrive, then post the link

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Awhhh Ok SFC says its got errors ( that's a good start) had a very quick look at the log in notepad: heres the error by the look SFC cant fix: ( around line 35 up from the bottom)

After having a look, some places say Cool n Quiet if installed will cause problems.

What you can try -- MAKE A BACKUP FIRST, just in case, try using DISM command, Option 1 dism-fixing-component-store-corruption-windows-8-a.html Personally I'd do the ScanHealth first, to see if it finds anything.
    Its meant to be better than SFC, and all posts I've seen say if SFC cant fix a problem, try DISM ( with the commands), if that cant fix it - reinstall.

( more on it HERE ) Never had to run it, so that's why make sure you have a working backup - JUST IN CASE.
    No cool and quiet installed? Maybe I should post the specs

CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm
    RAM: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
    MB: Gigabyte Tech B75M-D3H
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics
    Storage: 931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-9YN162
    Optical: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95 ATA Device
    Audio: Realtek HD

If you want a full breakdown, I have a Speccy export available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/3yif00zbyj...DS-IT.txt?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by BBCmicro View Post
    Getting rid of hand-held camera shake in Premiere Pro 6 is very RAM intensive. I only like to do clips up to 3 min long. 5 min bombs. That's with 8 GB of RAM. And it takes me an hour or more. (i5-3570 @ 4.1 GHz)

(Caveat: I haven't tried long clips after discovering and correcting a SSD-space problem)
    Oh I so know the feeling! . You would love my RAM. I stabalized a 18 minute clip and speed it up by 380% in about 6 minutes. So good!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    What version of windows is this?? igdkmd64.sys can crash on a system that uses hybrid graphics. KB2670838 is a known cause of this on Win7 systems. This was one of Microsoft's botched updates.

And it does crash igdkmd64.sys because its not compatible with hybrid gfx drivers. The fix is KB2834140. For windows 7. An update for Win8 also caused this crash. Cant remember which one tho
    Please see specs above. . Windows 8.1 64 Bit

If these crashes are still happening, upload these dmp files somewhere like Onedrive, then post the link
    My most up to date dumps can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkn7gfcqqh...-2014.txt?dl=0 . Was still crashing nice and strong for a while yesterday

Wow my English was shocking in my replies. :P. Hey forgot to say I'm trying another 2 scans first, then will run a check health. Will let you know how it goes.

The files themselves not the text. Did you install the right video drivers?? Since theres one for Ivy and one for sandy bridge? Wouldnt be surprised if Chrome is causing a crash. Its been crashing a lot of systems lately
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 09-10-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Upload the dmp files NOT the text

The files themselves not the text. Did you install the right video drivers?? Since theres one for Ivy and one for sandy bridge? Wouldnt be surprised if Chrome is causing a crash. Its been crashing a lot of systems lately
    Oh sorry. Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ufuo9dzbp...URjP0rE6a?dl=0

I haven't touched the video drivers tbh. I didn't realise that. Do you know where I would find them? The description is very generic from what I can find. Hmm maybe I should try firefox and see how that goes.

The drivers are on the gigabyte site for the mobo