Question DrayTek Vigor DV130 ADSL/VDSL Modem Router,VDSL2/A

Is the "DrayTek Vigor DV130 ADSL/VDSL Modem Router,VDSL2/A" reliable?

$148 new.

Default Re: DrayTek Vigor DV130 ADSL/VDSL Modem Router,VDSL2/A

Very much so.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

One of the best you can buy
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Thanks. I have an "Innbox" which is erratic, and my old Routers will not handle VDSL2

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

The DV130 is one of the best. Combo that with something like a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND (v2) running Gargoyle firmware and you'll have months and months of uptime!! Mine lasted for several months without a single reboot, only died due to a power outage. I give mine a *hammering* too, with a few hundred gigs a month, roughly 2 dozen devices, and I host a number of services such as TeamSpeak which make lesser routers cry!

The V50-U Innbox was OK but didn't hold up well under load. It was better than most of the likes of the Thomson TG589Vn etc, but still not the most stable in the world, and didn't hold a candle against the DV130.
    The V51 Innbox is much better, it's got almost identical internals to the Netcomm NF4V, but the casing is much better with better WiFi strength and it doesn't overheat (better airflow). The firmware I found to be much more reliable, second only again to the DrayTek DV130.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    The DV130 is one of the best. Combo that with something like a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND (v2) running Gargoyle firmware and you'll have months and months of uptime!! Mine lasted for several months without a single reboot, only died due to a power outage. I give mine a *hammering* too, with a few hundred gigs a month, roughly 2 dozen devices, and I host a number of services such as TeamSpeak which make lesser routers cry!

The V50-U Innbox was OK but didn't hold up well under load. It was better than most of the likes of the Thomson TG589Vn etc, but still not the most stable in the world, and didn't hold a candle against the DV130.
    The V51 Innbox is much better, it's got almost identical internals to the Netcomm NF4V, but the casing is much better with better WiFi strength and it doesn't overheat (better airflow). The firmware I found to be much more reliable, second only again to the DrayTek DV130.
    TBH, i havent had to cycle my Technicolor TG589vn v2 in months either. In fact, I havent have to reboot it once since going onto VDSL about 9 mths ago, although we have had a power outage once or twice!
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

I want to ask a stupid question! I have 3 ADSL2 Modem/Routers, all work. Is it possible to use ADSL2 routers on VDSL2?

IT Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    I want to ask a stupid question! I have 3 ADSL2 Modem/Routers, all work. Is it possible to use ADSL2 routers on VDSL2?
    Only if they're VDSL-capable, which most will not be.
    Windows 7 x64 // i5-3570K // 16GB DDR3-1600 // GTX660Ti 2GB // Samsung 830 120GB SSD // OCZ Agility4 120GB SSD
    Windows 7 x64 // Phenom II 955 // 8GB DDR3-1333 // GTX460 1GB // Corsair Force3 120GB SSD
    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SolMiester View Post
    TBH, i havent had to cycle my Technicolor TG589vn v2 in months either. In fact, I havent have to reboot it once since going onto VDSL about 9 mths ago, although we have had a power outage once or twice!
    They crash on my network in under 20 minutes :-/ They just die under the load...
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro