Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Moment of truth

  1. #21
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,037

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    Just a drop in the bucket, so to speak
    You can guarentee the NSA have tapped into our Pacific Cable
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souther...d_interception
    "The office of New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, denied the claims but admitted that they were negotiating a "cable access programme" with the NSA but refused to clarify what that was or why the NSA was involved"

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3203...win-new-powers
    "....technicians have been installing specialist spying devices and software inside all telephone exchanges, internet companies and even fibre-optic data networks between cities and towns, providing police and spy agencies with the capability to monitor almost all communications. "

    Yahoo ordred to hand over data
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09..._per_day_fine/

    Lavabit shut down rather than play ball . Perhaps thats what happened with trucrypt
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavabit

    Bottom line: this is the sort level of spying on the general public that the Stasi were doing in Communist East Germany
    So our govt & the US are no better than the hated Stasi ??

  2. #22
    VoidMaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,296

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    The powers that be are doing this for our own good, if you are innocent you have nothing to fear.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

  3. #23
    VoidMaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,296

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    Govt and business working together hand in glove is more reminiscent of Nazism (National Socialism) than Communism, the continuous push towards perfection (unobtainable of course) is also a reminder of Nazi behaviour.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 16-09-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

  4. #24
    VoidMaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,296

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    The true revelatory 'Moment of Truth' is that NZ has been heading in the wrong direction for the last 34 years.

    John Key is just another willing pawn in the USA right wing game.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 16-09-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

  5. #25
    Member bk T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    6,175

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    T...
    John Key is just another willing pawn in the USA right wing game.
    True. The USA is just too strong for the rest of the world (other than Russia & China) to say NO.

  6. #26
    Large Member plod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,413

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    The powers that be are doing this for our own good, if you are innocent you have nothing to fear.
    Quite agree, thats why JK let the cup of tea recording be released to the public.
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

  7. #27
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,037

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    The powers that be are doing this for our own good, if you are innocent you have nothing to fear.
    Not true at all.
    Why is this deemed so bad in dictatorships but deemed OK in NZ/US
    Learn from history.....the innocent are often targeted just because they have a different viewpoint, different religion/beliefs, are too publicly vocal expressing their views


    The changes of all this personal info being misused are pretty high.
    Allready there have been cases in NZ of Govt employees using access to personal info for there own personal use,
    one govt employee used access to person info as she had a vendetta against the person involved.
    another gave info to a Private Investigator mate of his.

    Even Muldoon used his power to access & release info on his political 'enemies' , but at least he openly admitted it.

  8. #28
    In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    5,361

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    @1101, I think you may have missed the sarcasm.................

  9. #29
    Short Member pcuser42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pukekohe Shuttle
    Posts
    10,088

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Porritt View Post
    @1101, I think you may have missed the sarcasm.................
    It's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

    Twitter

  10. #30
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    7,720

    Default Re: Moment of truth

    Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Just a drop in the bucket, so to speak
    You can guarentee the NSA have tapped into our Pacific Cable
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souther...d_interception
    "The office of New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, denied the claims but admitted that they were negotiating a "cable access programme" with the NSA but refused to clarify what that was or why the NSA was involved"

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3203...win-new-powers
    "....technicians have been installing specialist spying devices and software inside all telephone exchanges, internet companies and even fibre-optic data networks between cities and towns, providing police and spy agencies with the capability to monitor almost all communications. "

    Yahoo ordred to hand over data
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09..._per_day_fine/

    Lavabit shut down rather than play ball . Perhaps thats what happened with trucrypt
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavabit

    Bottom line: this is the sort level of spying on the general public that the Stasi were doing in Communist East Germany
    So our govt & the US are no better than the hated Stasi ??
    +1 and you would have to be very naive to think that with all the Government Department data matching and the fact that the police have been quite proud about catching the likes of Paedophiles by tracking their Web browsing habits, that you aren’t being monitored.

    The reality is you would be lucky to be able to walk the length of a Main Street anywhere in this country without being monitored one way or another. Struth, you get photographed every store you go in, every ATM you draw money from, there are street surveillance cameras everywhere, even your cellphone is telling someone where you are.

    And just to give another example of your privacy, a Policeman I knew offered a service to Landlords whereby for a Koha he would use the Police Computer to check out prospective tenants. He didn’t give a written report, but, “Known to police, as is the whole family”, or “Only likely to be a short term tenant before he becomes ours” was sufficient for most Landlords.

    In the end you are being monitored, regardless of what Key says and whether you like it or not, so you might as well get used to it.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Similar Threads

  1. The Truth is out there
    By KarameaDave in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-04-2010, 12:40 AM
  2. ACC-what is the truth?
    By martynz in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 25-10-2009, 01:40 PM
  3. The Truth About Iraq
    By Strommer in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-02-2005, 09:13 PM
  4. The Truth
    By metla in forum PressF1
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-10-2004, 05:08 PM
  5. Who's telling the truth?
    By in forum PressF1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2002, 08:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •