Default Keyboard and mouse not responding.

After reboot with new PS/2 IntelliMouse Compatible, Windows shows error message...'Windows did not detect a mouse....etc.'. Unable to proceed further as mouse and keyboard nolonger respond. HELP please.

Default Re: Keyboard and mouse not responding.

Hi,

Have you checked that you have the PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard plugged into the correct PS/2 ports on your computer. (I know, I know. You're sitting there saying 'Jeez, does this guy think I'm an idiot or something, of course they are plugged into the correct ports.')
    But believe me, even the best make little mistakes like that sometimes. If your computer is reasonably new it will have 2 coloured PS/2 ports on the back. The purple one is for the keyboard and the green one is for the mouse.

Hi,

Have you checked that you have the PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard plugged into the correct PS/2 ports on your computer. (I know, I know. You're sitting there saying 'Jeez, does this guy think I'm an idiot or something, of course they are plugged into the correct ports.')
    But believe me, even the best make little mistakes like that sometimes. If your computer is reasonably new it will have 2 coloured PS/2 ports on the back. The purple one is for the keyboard and the green one is for the mouse.
    If they are not coloured look carefully for labels next to the ports.

Thankyou Scott E. for your help. Have checked all connections, all okay, am wondering if something got fried on the ps/2 port.

Try unplugging the mouse, and restarting. If you can get in in one of the recovery modes, you might be able to remove all installed mice, and start again.

Or try your recovery floppy: it ought to be able to start, even without a mouse.

Have you still got a stupid mouse which works, since the 'intelligent' one doesn't?