Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    Well you're not going to get wireless / WPA2, with an ethernet cable. Is this installed then?? You'll have to install SP3 sometime
    I visited http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=1974 and I don't think this WP2A bit is installed with my WIN XP. I also see that Microsoft has ended support for WIN XP? If so, does this mean I cannot download the WP2A bit nor SP3?

  2. #12
    Computer "Specialist" Agent_24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    64 Bitville
    Posts
    14,293

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    You can still download the old updates. They just won't be making any new ones.
    Non-system disk or disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_24 View Post
    You can still download the old updates. They just won't be making any new ones.
    Thanks Agent_24. When I get time, I'll try downloading the WP2A update for my WINXP SP2. I've put that on my to-do list.

  4. #14
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,035

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    Update the wifi driver
    If that doesnt work, buy a $30 wifi USB dongle

    If you can, load XP's SP3 .

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Update the wifi driver
    If that doesnt work, buy a $30 wifi USB dongle

    If you can, load XP's SP3 .
    I was asked just now if I wanted to download Abode Reader v9 and I went to the Abode download webpage and was asked which operating system I am using - WIN XP SP2 32 bit or 64 bit. How do I tell which one it is - 32 bit or 64 bit? By looking somewhere in Control Panel? Tried looking in System Performance in Control Panel but can't see anything to do with 32 bit or 64 bit.

    I may have some time this weekend to download WIN XP SP3.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    44,851

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    XP is 32 bit. What asked you if you wanted to download adobe reader?? I would install something smaller like foxit (may have to do a custom install, if this has it), or sumatrapdf. If you want a PDF reader

  7. #17
    Computer Technician wainuitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    28,038

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    Quote Originally Posted by barryk View Post
    I was asked just now if I wanted to download Abode Reader v9 and I went to the Abode download webpage and was asked which operating system I am using - WIN XP SP2 32 bit or 64 bit. How do I tell which one it is - 32 bit or 64 bit? By looking somewhere in Control Panel? Tried looking in System Performance in Control Panel but can't see anything to do with 32 bit or 64 bit.

    I may have some time this weekend to download WIN XP SP3.
    High chance its X86.

    Start/All Programs/ Accessories / System Tools / System Information -- Under System Type - you'll see what it is, X86=32 X64 =64

    Personally wouldn't get that bloated Adobe -- Suggest Nitro Reader

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    High chance its X86.

    Start/All Programs/ Accessories / System Tools / System Information -- Under System Type - you'll see what it is, X86=32 X64 =64

    Personally wouldn't get that bloated Adobe -- Suggest Nitro Reader
    Looked up System Type and it said "X86-based PC" so my XP system is a 32 bit system.

    Will try Nitro Reader or something less resource hungry than Abode Reader. Didn't know that there were PDF readers other than Adobe Reader. Most users would think Abode Reader was the only PDF reader around?

  9. #19
    VoidMaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,293

    Default Re: WP2 wireless security

    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Similar Threads

  1. wireless security
    By nodrog in forum PressF1
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-10-2008, 09:24 PM
  2. Wireless LAN security
    By rexkeys in forum PressF1
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-10-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. Wireless security
    By Nomad in forum PressF1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-12-2006, 03:44 PM
  4. Wireless Security
    By Herbie_Dog in forum PressF1
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 06:55 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-08-2004, 10:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •