Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRV or DVS

Default Re: HRV or DVS

a mate of mine has one in his house. works ok as far as getting rid of moisture. pumping in dry air and pushing out damp air it works great.
    my beef with the setup is that the fans don't stop. so on cold days its pumping in stone cold air. even on the controller its shows temp in the roof space being colder than the room yet it still runs the fans.

if the fans stop the system becomes a hole in the ceiling where hot air naturally flows up and out. theres no device to stop the air going back up through the system and the air ducting is not insulated.

the system really only work well because the house is very well insulated (double layered ceiling insulation) and hes got a massive fireplace that cooks the house.

i find dehumidifier works wonders. the problem with dvs etc is the humidity in the house will only go down to what it is outside. of course auckland north that humidity is fairly high
    so only air conditioning or dehumidifier gets the humidity down to a pleasant level. also the lower humidity helps dry out the carpet/furniture/walls etc
    Tweak it till it breaks

Well just had the DVS guy here. **** me, that's expensive. 3k for the basic setup. Heat transfer additional $1350. He couldn't tell me what was special about there heat transfer over one from the hardware store at a third of the price. Let's see how the competitors do. 3 more to see.
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

I can't say enough to trash HRV.

Prior to being toasted on Campbel Live a year or two ago I could not get them to leave us alone, and I'd gone almost to the lengths of Police action or assault to get the message across that I didn't want them pestering us again.

All that BS stopped, thankfully after Campbell Live, but at the guts of this company exists some seriously unethical scum-bags, whose only care is to liberate you bucks from your wallet.

I'd dive head first onto an iron spike before supporting these p####s or their associated installers / electricians.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    I can't say enough to trash HRV.

Prior to being toasted on Campbel Live a year or two ago I could not get them to leave us alone, and I'd gone almost to the lengths of Police action or assault to get the message across that I didn't want them pestering us again.

All that BS stopped, thankfully after Campbell Live, but at the guts of this company exists some seriously unethical scum-bags, whose only care is to liberate you bucks from your wallet.

I'd dive head first onto an iron spike before supporting these p####s or their associated installers / electricians.
    that is one thing I knew already about dealing with any of these guys, fortunately I can read through bullshit and don't get pushed into buying. If salesperson comes in wearing a short skirt and low cut top all bets are off

We just got a SmartVent system installed... Works decent for condensation. Also has a heat transfer option available. However on really cold mornings (-2degrees) we still had some condensation on the windows.
    My Tech:

i5 4670, 8GB RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, AOC 1080p monitor, K280 case
    Nexus 7 II (2013)
    Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by sahilcc7 View Post
    We just got a SmartVent system installed... Works decent for condensation. Also has a heat transfer option available. However on really cold mornings (-2degrees) we still had some condensation on the windows.
    May I ask how much?

Mixed Member

What is the difference between HVR and DVS?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    What is the difference between HVR and DVS?
    I will find out on Thursday. Now I have heard that both companies are now owned by fletchers. I have nothing to prove this other then what I heard

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    May I ask how much?
    I believe it was approx $2400... would be extra with the heat transfer add-on.
    My Tech:

i5 4670, 8GB RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, AOC 1080p monitor, K280 case
    Nexus 7 II (2013)
    Nexus 4

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

We had an HRV on our new home when we moved in. Same as tweak'e, sometimes it does push around colder air, but we've since got a heat pump installed and I have my mining rig, not to mention the house is fully insulated now too which makes quite a difference.

I love it though, it's done wonders for my hayfever all year around, and it keeps the house _really_ dry which is fantastic!!

It doesn't heat your home at all, that's bullshit, the Ads back in the day with Marc Ellis being on your roof cooking sausages... If its warm outside, you ain't gonna need a DVS to heat your home, and if it's cold outside it's coz there's no bloody sun to heat your home :P
    Pushing around the heat from our heat pump in the living room, and same deal for you with a fireplace, I'd imagine is a great way to heat your whole home
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro