Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Ebay and shipping to NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Filthygamer View Post
    Before someone else was talking about lipos. What's a lipo? (sorry to sound ignorant if it's obvious...)

Cheers!
    sorry, Ive got lipo's on the brain, so to speak. Want to see something scarey, have a look at lipo fires on youtube.

Lithium-ion, is that whats used in laptops ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    sorry, Ive got lipo's on the brain, so to speak. Want to see something scarey, have a look at lipo fires on youtube.

Lithium-ion, is that whats used in laptops ?

Sure is and just about any battery driven power tool too these days, NiCads are so last century.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Sure is and just about any battery driven power tool too these days, NiCads are so last century.
    Geez am I the only one who doesn't get these techy words? Nicad = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel%...admium_battery according to Wikipedia.... Lol

pcsourcepoint

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    I'm very wary of the chinese "free post worldwide" sellers. I've bought a few cheap items from them, 1 never showed up and the others took nearly a month. It takes so long that you almost automatically miss out on the chance to provide feedback or use the refund service through E-bay.

I've tried twice recently to buy a hdd caddy for my laptop, the hong kong supplier was only $12 + free shipping and did make it here just over 3 weeks later. Can't complain about that but unfortunately I ordered the wrong item. 2nd attempt from an american parts supplier was $6 + $24 postage - a lot more but it was tracked all the way through the US and arrived here in under 2 weeks. Incidentally HP NZ wanted approx $125 for the same part.

It's always cost what they said it would for me, only thing is do you go for cheap and wait a long time or pay more for faster better tracked service.
    Similar to what I what I have experienced. A few sellers have actually sent me a free extra item for low cost products. I think to prevent negative or low star/rank feedback. Many sellers seem to to be worried about such feedback.

As for costs are not fees charged locally from the bank and Visa for transactions and exchange rated of about 3% total?

Been a while since I been on the forum (had a break from forums), but good to come back and see you's contributing to benefit members....
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Quote Originally Posted by kahawai chaser View Post

Been a while since I been on the forum (had a break from forums), but good to come back and see you's contributing to benefit members....
    Yeah these forums are fantastic (although I don't much like the website ever since the redesign and the mag stopped...)

Why cant you use tm

Dont you have to pay to join TM for a start?? Which you dont have to do, if you join Ebay. Thats one reason I didnt join TM. Dont know if it's changed, haven't bothered going back to TM

Quote Originally Posted by potz View Post
    Why cant you use tm
    TM being TradeMe?

pcsourcepoint

Quote Originally Posted by potz View Post
    Why cant you use tm
    Few reasons...

1. Many buy from eBay and then sell on Trademe at a significant markup. I have bidded on eBay against NZ TM sellers. Hence far cheaper on eBay.

2. There are a huge range of products on ebay, which are not available on TM or NZ sometimes. Though many products eventually appear on TM and some local Asian stores. Some products I have seen at 2- 5 times the price...

3. There are also a huge range of eBay stores, some which sellers offer discounts on their own affiliated web e-commerce sites and networks. Some sellers sell branded products and reputable aftermarket supplies from The US. For example, I have bought car parts cheaper than ever available here in NZ, of which NZ offers limited brands and parts at common auto stores.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Yup thats one of the reasons, why I went to Ebay. NZ didnt have the TPM module I wanted. And the other things (like the HP mini kb and palmrest) are too expensive in NZ. Even with shipping on EBay, things are cheaper than Trademe / NZ.