Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewood

Default Firewood

Can anyone in the hutt valley/wellington area recommend some where for firewood.
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Default Re: Firewood

The crowd we used to use are closing down /changing owners as they are moving overseas (Pity as they were good- got last load from them a few weeks back).

Next lot we will be trying http://www.ezyburn.co.nz/ They deliver.

Several people I know ( computer work) have used them and say they are OK, some have said no so good.(Seen the wood at a couple of peoples places and it looked OK)

Theres a guy who I also know who does chimney cleaning and repair work if you need any of that sort of thing done, PM me and I can give you his details, mention my name and you may get a better deal -- OH!! maybe not might charge you double LOL . Hes a good sort gives as good as he gets.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 12-05-2014 at 09:35 PM.

PM sent wainui. A mate has told me about permits for up totara park. Will do thst next year

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post

Next lot we will be trying http://www.ezyburn.co.nz/ They deliver.
    OMG! That's worse prices than Auckland! I thought we had the horrendous wood costs.....
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    OMG! That's worse prices than Auckland! I thought we had the horrendous wood costs.....
    Thats not the most expensive in wgtn by a long shot. Many places sell Firewood, but most of the cheap ones are crap wood as well, so called "dried/seasoned" wood, as the guy I used to get it from says, some places the birds were singing in it last week.

Just looked up some of the places in Auckland, the ones I found are way more expensive for 3.6m3.

Hows about some links as examples please.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 13-05-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Just looked up some of the places in Auckland, the ones I found are way more expensive for 3.6m3.

Hows about some links as examples please.
    Western Leader For Sale section. That's where we always used to find the firewood guys, yes some better than others I agree.

Your local free paper would have the same ads wouldn't it?

Also a sign on Universal Drive $85 sqm.....can't give you a link to that sorry.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living...-728394015.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living...-727103329.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living...-727419973.htm
    wipe your paws.

Those prices are no where near a lot cheaper, if you work out the quantity's by the amount they are close enough.

The first link -- Wouldn't touch it, looks like someones back yard. That small amount wouldn't last very long.

Second -- 'Hotmix is a combination of hard, slow burning wood such as gum and soft fast burning wood such as pine." Hotmixes like that usually are 70% pine 30 something else.

1mtr at a time serious ? who would buy that small amount. Maybe OK if a person didn't have a larger area to put it all, but what a pain, several loads just to get enough for one winter -- No thanks.

Those prices are no where near a lot cheaper, if you work out the quantity's by the amount they are close enough.

The first link -- Wouldn't touch it, looks like someones back yard. That small amount wouldn't last very long.

Second -- 'Hotmix is a combination of hard, slow burning wood such as gum and soft fast burning wood such as pine." Hotmixes like that usually are 70% pine 30 something else.

1mtr at a time serious ? who would buy that small amount. Maybe OK if a person didn't have a larger area to put it all, but what a pain, several loads just to get enough for one winter -- No thanks.
    Backyards are great, it was how we used to get most of our wood, cut someones tree for them, get offered wood.

Hotmix must be specified actually, we got a bit once, it was 1/3, 1/3. 1/3.
    Now we don't have a fireplace we but 1m at a time....ti-tree, but only for the BBQ. Haven't bought any of that in ages.

As I said, the local paper ads were bets to find wood, they specify the type and cost per metre so no working it out at all. And they were the better prices - except for free wood of course.
    wipe your paws.

http://fairfaxmedia.newspaperdirect....er/viewer.aspx

Thursdays have the most ads.

One thing to remember, now is the worst time to buy it - the prices go up.
    Better to get it in summer.

I have an enormous Macrocarpa available for wood, free - you just have to cut it down. :-)
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    http://fairfaxmedia.newspaperdirect....er/viewer.aspx

Thursdays have the most ads.

One thing to remember, now is the worst time to buy it - the prices go up.
    Better to get it in summer.

I have an enormous Macrocarpa available for wood, free - you just have to cut it down. :-)
    Hell yeah, buying this time of year is expensive. We always "try" to buy just after winter, that way some of the wood is green but has all summer to dry out. We got ours earlier this year and with what was left over from last year now got a nice stack. Wouldn't mind getting more but no room really, well not if we want to get into the car port anyway