Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: CGA returns: packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    The reply was -- We put 1 year, if you want the other 2 years, if theres a problem YOU need to contact the manufactures directly ---
    Yeah, so many places do that......Advanced Computers over the shore too. Zcom...the list is quite large.
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    Yeah, so many places do that......Advanced Computers over the shore too. Zcom...the list is quite large.
    That's why I use either Dove or Synnex for components, they have the real length of time.

Just checked on my Zcom account, the dealers warranty shows the correct times 3 years for gigabyte ASUS, maybe its the retail side they drop it ?
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-04-2014 at 02:49 PM.

I've actually got a dealers account with them , BUT never use it because they dont honor the actual REAL warranties.

Once I asked why did they only put a 1 year warranty for example on some components ( gigabyte and ASUS Motherboards) when in fact they have 3 Year by the manufacture ?

The reply was -- We put 1 year, if you want the other 2 years, if theres a problem YOU need to contact the manufactures directly --- Errrrr NO, you are the supplier -- Well thats how it is !

Never been back since
    If they are selling these retail won't they have to honor the CGA and give the manufacturers warranty??
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    If they are selling these retail won't they have to honor the CGA and give the manufacturers warranty??
    If you are determined, persistent and patient. They will whine and procrastinate at every step of the way in hopes you give up. If you persevere, they will s-l-o-w-l-y do the minimum the law demands.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    As R2 posted, they hope you will give up. You see what happens is they say its out of warranty, when in fact its not, the person with the faulty part then needs to buys a replacement, at the full price.

Whats been known to happen with some places is If they have to original part returned they then claim the original back under the real warranty, and resell the replacement, most of replacements under warranty are new anyway, some replacements may not be supplied in original packaging but if they have to original box theres no problem the manufactures simply change it over -- So they get two bites of the cheery so to speak.

Its no skin of their noses if its replaced in the actual time frame, they just make a claim to the manufacture.

This is why when buying parts from good suppliers, while at wholesale, IF theres any problems at least with good suppliers like Synnex and Dove - you call up give them the original invoice number, they look it up, if in warranty, and in stock , get a forward replacement often turning up the following day, send back the faulty component - they do the rest - No problems

Places like PBTech -- argue about real warranty times, have to jump through hoops and a lot of talking to different people to get what you are entitled to -- No thanks
    Last edited by wainuitech; 27-04-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Just checked on my Zcom account, the dealers warranty shows the correct times 3 years for gigabyte ASUS, maybe its the retail side they drop it ?
    No.
    Had this experience a few years ago now........took an Intel CPU back (Wholesale buy) , he said no....send it to Intel.
    Took 2 hours of persistence and refusing to leave (and thus creating an interesting scene for other customers wandering in and out) before he gave in to get rid of me.
    never again.
    wipe your paws.

Thanx Wianui. At work we get everything from Ingram Micro. Never had an issue with warranty problems..
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Looks like I am going to have a CGA fight on my hands but nothing to do with computer equipment.
    But I am being premature, the store might decide to do the right thing (I somehow doubt it thou)

I'll start a new thread and keep you all updated, after all CGA fights are interesting to all usually.
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Ive had the same BS from a distributor , for a motherboard . No warranty without the original box/manuals etc.
    They claimed as it wasnt a retail sale (wholesale to us) they arnt bound by the CGA....which leaves the retailer (us) in the poop .

So it could well be that PBTech themselves cant return the UPS with all packaging.....benefit of the doubt...even though they could take the packaging out of the replacement
    unit .