Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 3NOW - On demand app

Quote Originally Posted by Webdevguy View Post
    On the contrary, not all Android devices are made the same. Some are low quality crap and some are aimed at the middle or high end of the market and there are a whole lot of device manufacturers out there.
    Very true. Anyone purchasing a no-name brand should such as the Nextbook mentioned above, should have low expectations.

However this crap-app (see the reviews) isn't "allowed" to run on my Nexus 7 2013 4G tablet, which has plenty of grunt and an awesome screen resolution. Mainly because of the silly mindset (commercial-exclusivity agreement) TV3 seems to have around Samsung - which basically says, if you don't have a Samsung device, TV3 doesn't want you as a customer.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Quote Originally Posted by johcar View Post
    Very true. Anyone purchasing a no-name brand should such as the Nextbook mentioned above, should have low expectations.

However this crap-app (see the reviews) isn't "allowed" to run on my Nexus 7 2013 4G tablet, which has plenty of grunt and an awesome screen resolution. Mainly because of the silly mindset (commercial-exclusivity agreement) TV3 seems to have around Samsung - which basically says, if you don't have a Samsung device, TV3 doesn't want you as a customer.
    I shall make some enquiries and see if that is the case.
    Working on a few different projects.

Old guy

It is not allowed on my Asus TF701 either.

Oh well , i'll just have to stick with running XBMC on the Tablet
    NZ Digital TV Forum, Freeview NZ , etc
    http://www.nzdtv.com/

Just heard back from TV3 who are passing the feedback to their product team. So from that I would say that TV3 doesn't want to exclude Samsung device users. As far as they are concerned the bigger the viewing audience the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Webdevguy View Post
    Just heard back from TV3 who are passing the feedback to their product team. So from that I would say that TV3 doesn't want to exclude Samsung device users. As far as they are concerned the bigger the viewing audience the better!
    It seems I may have jumped the gun a bit on the previous post... I've been told that the Google Play store has a list of supported devices for the app and if your device is not on it then you are possibly out of luck.