Thread: Login redirect

Default Login redirect

I am have a problem when logging in to a website and getting hi=-jacked to another website. A recognizable simile would be almost like: you get an email from Telecom that your bill is ready so you click on the link and it goes straight to your account. But if you go to the xtra website and log it and it logs you in on the tab but also opens a new window with a vodophone log-in page.

It's an annoyance to have to close this window every time but what is of concern is what does this other site harvest or know about me. And why it can insert itself into my dealings with a rival company. I am not the only one with this problem.

Do I have a rouge cookie that assists this redirect???

Default Re: Login redirect

See if there are any rogue addons if it's FF or Chrome. If it's IE reset the browser settings. Look in add/remove programs or whatever version of windows is installed. Uninstall any strange programs

Thanks Speedy. I checked out all those things without success and then looked around on the first site and found that it appears that the two firms are connected and offering the same but slightly different products.

Quote Originally Posted by bugalugs67 View Post
    Thanks Speedy. I checked out all those things without success and then looked around on the first site and found that it appears that the two firms are connected and offering the same but slightly different products.
    When you mouse over the submit button, what address shows up in your URL bar?

In situations like that I normally click on "Inspect Element" in my browser tool bar so that I can see what's happening with the code on the web page. (Every web browser has the option - You can enable it through your browser preferences)
    Last edited by Webdevguy; 28-03-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    Working on a few different projects.