Default Windows XP Admin password

Where do I find the folder/file where XP stores the Administrator password. Trying to reinstall Thunderbird and keep getting asked for a password but I'm pretty sure I never set one up on this machine. Tried all the local suspects but no joy. Yes I know 'search' is my friend but every bodies currently asking about 7 and 8 and xp is a long way back and I haven't found it yet.

Older by the minute

Default Re: Windows XP Admin password

Have you just pressed enter? I think it is blank unless you set one up yourself.

Dont think its looking for the Admin password. If TB is uninstalled, delete its folders as well. Then try again

If its XP Pro, you could look in Group Policy Editor and see if anything has been limited.

If its XP Home, its either as speedy mentioned or you have got some sort of infection - seen that many times an infection is causing a fake prompt.

Thanks. It's an hour and a quarter away so it will have to wait until I'm back that way.

It started out as TB said it couldn't open. Tried updating ..nothing...renamed the profile folder and deleted with Revo uninstall and then tried a fresh download. using windows exploder I can see the files there but there is no .exe file. Going through the run install it comes up and asks for an Admin password or open with username. I have never given it a password and blank won't work. Tried the name of the cat and the goldfish ...nothing. If I select username nothing. About a week or so later Firefox claims It can't open because it cant find a (I think it was a HO) file. (have lost my piece of paper with the name on)

Not your email user name and password?
    Amnesia International, remembering for those that can't.

No trees were harmed in the making of this post but a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced.