Senior

Default So I rang Logitech...

and said "I need to replace the keyboard of my wireless LX310 combo because half of the keys are now unreadable, I don't need to replace the laser mouse. Would the wireless K270 keyboard be ok?". I was advised that I need to purchase the MK710 and on checking I see that it is a combo and about $150! Waste of time that call was! Am I right in thinking that the K270 would be ok but might have to work through it's own receiver rather than the one I have with the LX310. I'm not au fait with the ins and outs of wireless technology.

Old guy

Default Re: So I rang Logitech...

It appears that all the logitech wireless keyboards now use their little "Unifying receiver" so you should have no problem getting it to work.

Do you type with long nails?, my wife does and has removed the key type on the keys!
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Senior

Quote Originally Posted by SolMiester View Post
    Do you type with long nails?, my wife does and has removed the key type on the keys!
    No, but have noticed other women typing with really long nails and wondered how they managed. Hopefully Logitech have improved their product since I bought this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bellbird View Post
    No, but have noticed other women typing with really long nails and wondered how they managed. Hopefully Logitech have improved their product since I bought this one.
    Don't count on it.
    I used to be a ardent Logitech fan but their quality has seriously diminished.
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

The letters and numbers fading may have something to do with what people put on their hands. Some of these soaps, hand creams etc will play hell with keyboards.

My Logitech Keyboards are about six years old (the oldest) and the letters and numbers are still as good and clear as the day they were brought (once I wipe off the dirt - I'm sure its meant to be a bit more shiny than it is ) . My sons and wife's keyboards is the same.

Acetone works a treat on removing the paint - do you do your nails very often?

Senior

As a touch typist the faded lettering isn't much of a problem for me but is for my 6yo granddaughter but I feel that the lettering shouldn't have worn anyway as it wasn't a cheap board, I don't use hand creams or cleaners with fragrance or chemicals. Anyway I found a curved Microsoft keyboard at the back of a cupboard which was the only one Harvey Norman would supply to replace the original HP one which failed under warranty. I didn't like the curve, the keys are big and clunky and for me the board seemed oversized but I'm giving it another try and it will do in the meantime. With the Logitech being a combo purchase I thought that one wouldn't work without the other but obviously I can use any brand wired or wireless keyboard so any recommendations would be helpful, thanks.

Old guy

As you have found you can use pretty much any keyboard you like. Just pick one that you like the feel of in the price range that suits and you should be good to go. Most large shops like Trick Dicky or Hardly Normal have a selection on display and you can get a good feel just by a quick typing test even when it is not actualy plugged into anything.

Senior

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    As you have found you can use pretty much any keyboard you like. Just pick one that you like the feel of in the price range that suits and you should be good to go. Most large shops like Trick Dicky or Hardly Normal have a selection on display and you can get a good feel just by a quick typing test even when it is not actualy plugged into anything.