Default WhiteIce.co.nz - anyone with them?

I see Chill has a link to them in his sig, so one would assume they are good.

www.whiteice.co.nz

Looks very good. Well priced, naked VDSL. No one else does that that I can see. The contact us page on their website is broken unfortunately, so I thought I ask here - there shouldn't be an issue having (for example) a phone line and calling with Clear, and using WhiteIce just for the DSL connection?

Thanks.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Default Re: WhiteIce.co.nz - anyone with them?

Contact us link works here. Down the bottom it's got their number. Alternatively, give us a buzz on 09 972 2808 and we'll get you sorted.

Bleakly Optomistic

I tried to go with them, but unfortunately, my place doesn't support VDSL2 and it's a 50/50 chance that Chorus could connect me even if I upgraded the wiring.

Credit due to them, they were fast and helpful with their responses.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
    there shouldn't be an issue having (for example) a phone line and calling with Clear, and using WhiteIce just for the DSL connection?

Thanks.
    Unfortunately that's not likely, its Naked VDSL only. You can have a VoIP connection though, or simply have this on a separate line?
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Quote Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
    I see Chill has a link to them in his sig, so one would assume they are good.

www.whiteice.co.nz

Looks very good. Well priced, naked VDSL. No one else does that that I can see. The contact us page on their website is broken unfortunately, so I thought I ask here - there shouldn't be an issue having (for example) a phone line and calling with Clear, and using WhiteIce just for the DSL connection?

Thanks.
    It's a shame that a company representative isn't on the forum.
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    It's a shame that a company representative isn't on the forum.
    Yeah... if only...
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

On a serious note chill, I will be looking when my current contract is up with telecom
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

No worries mate. You'd be getting a new router leased as part of the connection, coz those Technicolor ones.... Yeah no

Cheers for the heads up on the contact form, was moving a few things around and apparently I was a bit derpy at the end there. It's good now. Just got to rework that Chorus map....

But on a serious note if there are any questions, feel free to ask :-)

Does the price include voip? Do you hide the country of origin so we can enjoy overseas services like another nz isp does? Is your fair use policy more concerned about data used or when its used

No VoIP included, to be honest only half out customers even bother, apparently most just use their Cellphones?

Don't specifically "hide" any IP origins, though I've heard the BBC iPlayer works. Keeping that sorta thing functional long term is a PITA. There are other services and very very cheap ways of doing it yourself though.

Fair use is more concerned about when. A few hundred GB not the end of the world. If downloads can be queued for Midnight -> 6AM it's ideal preferred and we're happier with Users utilizing more. All those "Linux distros" that don't urgently need downloading.

Speeds internationally are pretty good, even at peak times. Single threaded download currently happily sits around 3mbps. Faster off peak, and locally NZ / AU's can easily get 40mbps+ from a single thread (Steam Games and HD YouTube FTW!!!). A VPN between me and my mate also on it easily goes 9mbps!

...just to give you some examples