Default Multi-touch Gestures (TouchPad) inoperative?

(Some) Multi-Touch 'gestures' have stopped working on my TouchPad (Synaptics SMBus TouchPad), on my HP Lappy [Win8 - NOT 8.1 (yet)]

Just stuff like two finger scrolling, "Pinch-to-zoom", and a myriad of other gestures. One finger gestures (edge swiping, tap, move cursor etc.) and 'two finger tap' work fine though.
    Checked that they were actually enabled, and they were, at least in the settings panel. Not in reality.

Tried these:
    -Rebooting/Restarting (works most of the time to fix such problems), but nope, still can't use them.
    -Tried taking the battery out, and pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds (I don't know what this actually does, it just works for a lot of my hiccups), but, nope, same again; not working.
    -Booting into Safe Mode, and they were working again (except the driver specific gestures, such as Three finger press and flick), but starting the driver while sill in safe mode stops any type of gesturing at all, except for cursor movement and clicking. Oh, must be a driver problem! Thus...
    -... I Re-installed the Driver, but the problem persisted even afterwards. (Also tried updating, but to no avail)

Thus here I am. Any ideas?

Default Re: Multi-touch Gestures (TouchPad) inoperative?

That sounds like a faulty product. Take it back to the store and get it replaced with a properly functioning one - or another brand of tablet.

You shouldn't be having operational issues like that with a tablet.

Booting into Safe Mode, and they were working again (except the driver specific gestures, such as Three finger press and flick), but starting the driver while sill in safe mode stops any type of gesturing at all, except for cursor movement and clicking
    That's usually indicates a software problem.

Sometimes when a driver gets corrupted all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the specific driver don't work.

No Warranty will cover that. Warranties ONLY cover hardware.

"IF" you wanted to go the warranty method --- What you need to do is refresh Windows, in other words reinstall it, that's all the repairers would do first. The first thing any place would do is put everything back to how it came originally, then if its still not working then they look at hardware unless its something obvious like a blown part. If everything works as it came from the factory, you will be charged for the work normally.

I was thinking of that, but, right now, it's not much of an option, as I need it (it's a Laptop, sorry if I forgot to say that へっへ) for the next few days, so sending it into repair wouldn't be too great right now.
    I'm pretty sure that it's the driver at fault though. Whenever it's not loaded, the TouchPad works fine (gestures and all) for a few seconds, but, it loads and then everything's back to not working.
    Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    What you need to do is refresh Windows, in other words reinstall it, that's all the repairers would do first. The first thing any place would do is put everything back to how it came originally, then if its still not working then they look at hardware unless its something obvious like a blown part. If everything works as it came from the factory, you will be charged for the work normally.
    Did the re-install and it all worked out fine (Yay). Though, I don't want to have to keep reinstalling it just to fix it every time. (Haha).
    Any less apocalyptic methods suggested otherwise?

Oh, and just before reinstallation, I tried re-insatlling thre driver on a whim for one last time,
    And well, everything worked again. Or so it seemed. As always Windows will prompt you to restart in order to finish such and such, so I did. Then, they stopped working I again. I was like "huh, it was working just before? Now it's not? Weird." Tried again, and searched for Synaptics BEFORE restarting, and it showed both up with v1.7 and v8.1 of the touchpad driver. (See image if there is one - on mobile, don't know how attachments work.)
    Went and restarted, and v8.1 disappeared, left v1.7 and, a touch pad that wasn't functioning again. Haha.

Any reason behind why it would remove the higher version, which is the one that probably works the best, and leave behind the old one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	This-might-be-it....jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	5314