Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For your consideration.

I wonder if Parental Guidance may help?

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:

"Let me see if I've got this right.

You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behaviour, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages and instil in them a love for learning.

You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually
    transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a chequebook, and apply for a job.

You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behaviour, and ensure that they all pass their final exams.

You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few
    books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

You want me to do all this, and then you tell me......I CAN'T PRAY or wear a little cross or say "Happy Christmas" because someone might take offence? "
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Default Re: For your consideration.

Aside from the fact that's almost entirely made up of dribble,she should do the job she is getting paid to do as it is explained to her.
    better Dredd then dead

Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    Aside from the fact that's almost entirely made up of dribble,she should do the job she is getting paid to do as it is explained to her.
    It cant be dribble or she would have to wear a Fluro vest, a Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Respirator, Steel Capped Shoes, Ear Muffs, Protective Gloves .

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    It cant be dribble or she would have to wear a Fluro vest, a Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Respirator, Steel Capped Shoes, Ear Muffs, Protective Gloves ……………….
    more dribble.

This proves.....
    better Dredd then dead

. . . . don't forget the giant warning signs blocking road edges and footpaths.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by R2x1 View Post
    . . . . don't forget the giant warning signs blocking road edges and footpaths.
    Ohh Fooook......... forgot the Arrow Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    I wonder if Parental Guidance may help?

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:

"Let me see if I've got this right.

You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behaviour, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages and instil in them a love for learning.

You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually
    transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a chequebook, and apply for a job.

You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behaviour, and ensure that they all pass their final exams.

You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few
    books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

You want me to do all this, and then you tell me......I CAN'T PRAY or wear a little cross or say "Happy Christmas" because someone might take offence? "
    Apart from the fact that this wonderful piece of prose has been copied/pasted off some American site, it does have its merits, in that it is not too irrelevant from what is actually going on in our schools here.

LL
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

Quote Originally Posted by lakewoodlady View Post
    Apart from the fact that this wonderful piece of prose has been copied/pasted off some American site, it does have its merits, in that it is not too irrelevant from what is actually going on in our schools here.

LL
    Well just for the records it was Copied and Pasted from an E-Mail I received and the reference to food stamps I figured was a dead give away it originated in America.

I posted it entirely because I to thought it had relevance in NZ.

Hence the heading and first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    more dribble.

This proves.....
    Probably that you wouldn't last 5 minutes in the classroom Metla, but it would fun to watch.

That little bit of prose probably originated in the US, where they have lost their minds, and their souls.

I bet the teachers can't wear side-arms or keep an AK47 under their desk either, and I reckon a can of Mace would be frowned upon too.

Teachers should learn to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, then die quietly under their desk and not make a mess or any fuss while passing.

If I were a US teacher, I'd pray too...

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

Clearly not a true story. It's written by someone with a religious agenda who can't deal with the fact that Religion has no place being taught at school, one of the few things the otherwise fanatical(find a US political speech that doesn't mention God) US gets right.
    Parents and Churches can teach children themselves, they don't need schools to help them indoctrinate their children. School is a place of education not religion, and with all the different belief systems around it needs to be that way.

On the other hand wearing a cross and saying merry Xmas is pretty bloody harmless and people should be more tolerant.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070