Default Nvidia graphics card

looking to upgrade/modernise so I can view TV/Youtube stuff which has been downloaded to my PC on a TV in another room. The PC is running Vista and a Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT card This card only has 1 HDMi 0outlet and that is being used to run the Viewsonic HDMi screen.

The cheap and dirty solution would be to use a HDMI spltter and another cable through the wall.

Dumbass last year type question: are there graphic cards out there now with 2 HDMI outlets and can those outlets be controlled to display different outputs ????

I want to control the PC and what's shown on the TV from a laptop using UltraVNC to the PC. But if I use a splitter the graphc card output will be the movie and that will also be going to the PC screen and therefor to the laptop via UltraVNC, so, no control.

The TV is an early Sony Bravia KDL-46W4000 LCD and one option could be to replace it with a new one that has internet capability. That might be a bit more money than I want to spend.

Can anyone edumicate me and point me in the right direction.

Default Re: Nvidia graphics card

Yes there are cars with multiple display outputs. The screens will be "Extended" So you can drag something onto the other screen and keep it there and display something else on the other screen. I hope that answered your question. I just scanned over what you said quickly.

Does yourexisdting card have a DVI output? I suspect a cheap DVI to HDMI adapter is all you need.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Should have mentioned I already have a second screen (Acer AL1511) running off the standard screen connection.

modern NV kepler card have 2 x DVI, Mini DP and a HDMI, even the lowly 630, and will drive 3 monitors at once.
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

Wouldn't I still need two HDMI outlets ?

DVI can be converted to HDMI easily with a cheap adapter(often supplied with the graphics card), no audio though. Does the viewsonic only have HDMI ? Display port can also be adapted to HDMI I believe? (someone correct me if I'm wrong). It's also possible to get a USB to graphics adapter but I'm not sure how well they work.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Pretends to know things

If you are able to install a 2nd card (not running SLI or anything) into your pc, you can set it to being a gpu dedicated to running extra screens. Though it might not be worth it/possible seeing your current card is a 9500GT.

Depending on your computer, I would recommend just updating the graphics card.
    Your TV can accept a VGA cable + audio if your graphics card now has a spare VGA.
    CPU - i5 4570
    Mobo - Gigabyte Z87 HD3
    GPU - Gigabyte Radeon 7850 OC
    RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengance
    SSD - Kingston 120GB V300
    HDD - WD Green 2TB
    Case - CM Storm Scout 2
    PSU - FSP Aurum 750W Modular