Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Using a child theme in Wordpress

You may also find it easier logging into your site as the admin by going to www.mysite.co.nz/wp-admin and logging on then going to the admin dashboard>settings. Thats much easier than doing it via Cyberduck.

Good luck with studying to be a Vet Nurse, I gather thats pretty intensive stuff.

Awesome! Thanks heaps, that's a stack of ideas and some stuff that looks really helpful I have briefly looked at w3schools but will def be going back for another look. Here's the description of the course:
    This course will give you the skills needed to design websites that are accessible and easy to navigate. You will learn how to structure web documents using HTML, control presentation using CSS and follow World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommendations.

This course will also allow you to produce and maintain a collection of web documents, and gain an understanding of the team process involved in web design. It will also prepare you for advanced studies in web project management and web programming.

I phoned the lecturer and she said it would basically mean you could call yourself a web designer. Apparently it is a good lead in to more advanced courses that went even more into the development coding side of things, but I thought it might just be a good starting point, that said if I can learn all of that stuff online for free I'll just do that instead

I'm gunna go now and give your above tutorial a go and see if I can figure this out. Thanks heaps again for all your help...your a star!

17 weeks is nowhere near enough to scratch much more than the surface of CSS or HTML. I taught myself Visual Basic (Yes I know, the language sucks) but I definitely cannot call my self a developer. I have spent nearly 2 years learning and I have a heap to go.
    But certainly check out codeacadmey it is a great source. Also if u get a chance have a look around the other languages in it as I found the structure of most programming languages are fairly similar in terms of layout.
    But good luck on learning this. Learning a programming language is basically like learning a whole new language. But just remember, most programmig languages make more sense than the English language.
    Cheers

I would highly recommend the Codecademy courses, with the W3schools site as reference material when you get stuck ( which is guaranteed to happen). I would also suggest doing the jQuery course there so that you can get an understanding of how to make your site interactive ( as in when you click on or hover over a button you get a drop down box etc)

After that if you still want to take it further you could visit one of many tutorial sites such as http://tympanus.net/codrops/ The site has numerous examples of arty interactive stuff with with tutorials on how to do them.