Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where to find S/PDIF cable to go from motherboard to graphics card

http://www.evga.com/PRODUCTS/IMAGES/...30-01_XL_8.jpg

Like that. Got an GTX260 for the olds, they want audio to the TV via HDMI (DVI-HDMI adapter, then a cable). I know this is supposed to work -the motherboard has the normal 2 pin S/PDIF out, and teh Asus GTX260 has the little plug next to the SLI connectors for the cable, I just need the cable.

I did have one of those cables originally, but it's is well and truly lost now. Thanks!
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Default Re: Where to find S/PDIF cable to go from motherboard to graphics card

The Motherboard 2pin S/PDIF is for the onboard audio AFAIK, the sound via the GPU uses the HDMI for audio as well as video, otherwise you would have to use onboard video and audio...
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

This is an older card without onboard HDMI though - as far as I knew, in this case it is possible to hook the onboard S/PDIF up to the graphics card, and that in turn fired it through the DVI (HDMI adapter) in the same way a card with built in HDMI does.

Quote Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
    This is an older card without onboard HDMI though - as far as I knew, in this case it is possible to hook the onboard S/PDIF up to the graphics card, and that in turn fired it through the DVI (HDMI adapter) in the same way a card with built in HDMI does.
    So this is a cable that goes from the motherboard to an input of the GFX card? I used to do that for my pvr, any old 2 pin cable will do. I'm sure I stole one off an old case, the power, or hdd light, or reset switch cables from case to the motherboard did the trick.
    Interests: PVRs, HTPCs, Apple IOS, Apple TV, Media Players, C#, Printing

That's right.

Good call, probably could just rangi one up.

Pretty sure I have one of those.
    PM me your addy and I will send it
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

What GPU is it, DVI and HDMI share same pin structure, however Im quite sure you need a separate cable to carry the Audio to the output device...otherwise there would be no need for HDMI
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

It's an Asus GTX 260. That's what the cable I'm after is for - to get the audio from the motherboard onto the graphics card. The card and board definitely have the headers/jacks in question.

Thanks heaps DeSade
    Last edited by wratterus; 05-08-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Gone through a lot of GTX type cards, I am fairly sure I have one of these, will look tonight for you.
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Oh, NV didnt have audio on their GPU at the time, so they used onboard with cable to dGPU, however, wont you still have to use HDMI connector from dGPU to TV?