Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: NZ Apple iTunes. Rip off capital of the world

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    No you won't see it. But every item purchased in the states is + sales tax unless you live in a state that doesn't have sales tax. We avoid US sales tax because we live in NZ.
    Then why the hell would you add it if it doesn't apply?
    better Dredd then dead

One thing that used to annoy me when in the states, a lot of shops displayed the price of items ex GST and then applied it at the till

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    One thing that used to annoy me when in the states, a lot of shops displayed the price of items ex GST and then applied it at the till
    You mean like NZ computer stores??
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    You mean like NZ computer stores??

I have a feeling that if only one price is shown, it must be gst inclusive. If not included it can be shown as gst ex.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Is that just a matter of creating a new account within iTunes or does one have to jump through a few hoops to do this? And once set up are all purchases made with the US account on the device as well as on the PC?

Sorry if they are dumb questions but I try to have as little to do with iTunes as possible and only have it on my seldom-used laptop to use with an iPod Touch that I inherited.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    That is because the tax rate for items varies for goods and services depending upon which state you are in. It is a pain in the neck as it is easy to forget the tax when one is filling up the shopping basket/trolley with "bargains".

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    I was looking at getting a Apple TV to rent HD movies on line as Quikflix are still stuck in the SD world. Was browsing thru the iTunes store for Prometheus looks like it's not for rent only sale. NZ$29.99 on the NZ store. Had a look on the US store US$9.99 (NZ$12.36) taking in account of adding GST to the NZ purchase it should be around NZ$15. $29.99 is a blatant rip off by Apple. I'm going to forget the Apple TV and keep going to my local video store..
    I just got the aTV3 so I can stream movies from my Plex Server...
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

I played with this over the weekend. Nice user friendly unit. The down side I found was the cost of rentals @ $7.99 about the same a Blu-ray from my local VideoEZ. The picture was good but the DD5.1 sound was hardly that compared to my TV downloads and TV3 when they show HD movies.. One of the movies I watched said of the blu-ray review that DD5.1 surround was very good but I heard nothing on the surrounds at all. I will most likely buy one for the convenience but I found the US and NZ movie catalogs are quite different some in the US catalog not in the NZ one even though they are several years old. Was going to buy it via Amazon and YouShop but the saving would be about $20 so not really worth it as they come up on the likes of 1-Day and FirstIn as refurbished items occasionally for about the same price. The NZ Apple store used to have refurbished units a couple of weeks ago but not any longer.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company