Correct my English!

Default Android - music playlist

Hi all,

Whenever Google Music app is updated, my existing playlists will always get wiped off from the device. I am wondering if there is a way to tell Google Music to retain the playlists after being updated?

Actually, thinking outside of the box, what are some of your favourite apps when it comes to playing media on your Android device?

Cheers

Free, 24/7 telephone health advice service | Healthline - 0800 611 116

Smoking KILLS. Don't let your life be ruled by cigarettes. | Quitline - 0800 778 778 ‎

Join the unofficial PressF1 WCG team!

Correct my English!

Default Re: Android - music playlist

[Edit] - this is what the first post says

Hi all,

Whenever Google Music app is updated, my existing playlists will always get wiped off from the device. I am wondering if there is a way to tell Google Music to retain the playlists after being updated?

Actually, thinking outside of the box, what are some of your favourite apps when it comes to playing media on your Android device?

Cheers

Smoking KILLS. Don't let your life be ruled by cigarettes. | Quitline - 0800 778 778 ‎

They shouldn't be getting wiped unless you're clearing the data for some reason. I have used this app (combined with their cloud service) as my main player since 2011, and have never experienced that problem.

Do you use the Google Music service (and therefore have your songs & playlists stored on Google's servers), or do you just use music that has been manually copied onto your phne the 'old fashioned' way?
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

Correct my English!

Quote Originally Posted by Erayd View Post
    They shouldn't be getting wiped unless you're clearing the data for some reason. I have used this app (combined with their cloud service) as my main player since 2011, and have never experienced that problem.

Do you use the Google Music service (and therefore have your songs & playlists stored on Google's servers), or do you just use music that has been manually copied onto your phne the 'old fashioned' way?
    Hi Erayd,

The songs are stored on the microSD card on my phone (i.e. the old fashioned way).

OK - not sure how much help I can be then, but I'll do what I can (I pretty much exclusively use their cloud service). If you log on to https://play.google.com/music/listen, do your playlists show up there at all? If you create a playlist there, does it show up on the device (assuming the device has a net connection, it should appear almost instantly, and definitely within no more than a few minutes).

Did you install the app from the play store, or did you sideload it? Same question for updates.

Has this happened once (i.e. with the May update that had the major UI change), or repeatedly?

If multiple times, when did it first start happening?
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.