Default workstation graphics card

Hi, I am looking at getting a workstation graphics card but I am not sure which one to get and do not know much about them.
    I also want to run 3 monitors with one. I cant decide between a AMD FIREPRO W8000 or a nvidia quadro k4000?

any help would be great

thanks

Default Re: workstation graphics card

Well, I am bias toward Nvidia, however there is a reason most professionals use NV for workstation cards, and that is driver stability and support. AMD do make great hardware, but their software team struggle to equal the task.
    What software do you use as that will probably be the biggest factor in your decision. CS6 supports OpenCL as does NV via CUDA, however the older version will only accelerate on NV.
    HOME-LianLi PC-9F,ASRock P67Pro3, i5 2500k @4Ghz, 8Gb HyperX, ASUS GTX660 OC, Corsair Force 120 SSD, HP zIPS22", HOME SERVER HP ML110G6 HOST-Plex\Ubuntu\8

the software I use is autodesk maya, nuke, photoshop, after effects and similar programs to those

i was also possibly think maybe a GTX titan

I don't know much about workstation applications but at $1800ish the titan is not a good option, toms hardware did a comparison of performance between the titan and and other cards such as the quaddro series. The titan did quite well for a gaming card but was outperformed in serious applications by even some of the cheapest quaddros.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

I got our graphics designer one of the NVidia Quadro series cards and it works very well (2 24" monitors). She does all that Adobe / designery type stuff that I dont understand but never has a problem like she did with her previous ATI card.
    "Roger your roger Roger, we have clearence Clarence, whats your vector Victor"

I was thinking of getting the AMD FIREPRO W8000 because its more powerful and I wanted to do some GPU rendering with it