Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Car Smashed By 2 Buses in Birkendhead.

Here. They showed you a CCTV clip of it on TV. The car had pulled or slowed down at a ped crossing and the bus on the left skidded on the wet road and pushed the car into the other bus which was parked at a bus stop. The other bus was pushed into the bus stop in front of some shops. A witness reckons if the bus stop had not of been there the bus could of ended up in the shops.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

Default Re: Car Smashed By 2 Buses in Birkendhead.

This shows the extra care that drivers of heavy vehicles need to take. The bus driver may have been travelling too fast for the wet conditions and had to apply the brakes too hard putting him into a skid.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300

Quote Originally Posted by Bobh View Post
    This shows the extra care that drivers of heavy vehicles need to take. The bus driver may have been travelling too fast for the wet conditions and had to apply the brakes too hard putting him into a skid.
    Well, he would have just pulled out of a bus stop that all buses stop at, . . . .
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Aunty Herald does it again ...

After reporting "The driver's husband, who asked not to be named" &c, they publish a photograph of the wreck on page 5 of the Herald on Sunday. The Hyundai's numberplate has not been blanked out, and is clearly readable.

At least TVNZ did the decent thing by not showing the numberplate.
    Last edited by WalOne; 05-05-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by R2x1 View Post
    Well, he would have just pulled out of a bus stop that all buses stop at, . . . .
    The pedestrian crossing is raised as well, so if he was travelling at speed he could have lost steering traction,
    but that is unlikely and when the rear whhels hit the crossing, that would have transferred weight to the front.

That particular bus stop is so close to the pedestrian crossing that the driver simply couldn't have got up to any speed
    that quickly, and the stop on the opposite side is a fair distance up the street, so to be able push the vehicle
    all the way up to that point, it sounds more like the driver had a medical event or the bus had a mechanical failure.

Time will reveal the answers.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy T View Post
    The pedestrian crossing is raised as well, so if he was travelling at speed he could have lost steering traction,
    but that is unlikely and when the rear whhels hit the crossing, that would have transferred weight to the front.

That particular bus stop is so close to the pedestrian crossing that the driver simply couldn't have got up to any speed
    that quickly, and the stop on the opposite side is a fair distance up the street, so to be able push the vehicle
    all the way up to that point, it sounds more like the driver had a medical event or the bus had a mechanical failure.

Time will reveal the answers.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    under your reasoning every bus driver in wellington has a medical event everyday at work.. It is surprising how fast a bus can accelerate from a stand still.
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Where does Wellington come into the equation ?
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

It is the end of everything.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Where does Wellington come into the equation ?
    bus drivers in general Trev, my observations are for the wellington drivers. I would imagine wouldn't be too different from Auckland drivers
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Wellington bus drivers are crazy ***** who kill people mainly pedestrians. Auckland bus driver are fine thats about the only difference.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.