Default Nod32 Installation

Bought Nod32 v6. Opened the box and there's a set of serial keys; that it has to be register by 23/10/2014, that's fine.

I'm going to install this onto my friend's PC which I just setting up Win7 for him.

I'll need to use the serial key to register and they will send me a unique UserName and Password wihich we'll need it to use this copy of Nod32.

Question: Can I use my email address just to get the usename and password as the computer is with me at the moment. Will there be any complications for not using my friend's email address?

As this is my first time installing a 'Paid' version of AV and your assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Default Re: Nod32 Installation

Should be fine, they'll just email to you when its about to expire :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    Should be fine, they'll just email to you when its about to expire :-)
    +1

If you want the other person to get the email instead, once you have the user name and Password, simply call Chillisoft ( NZ agents for Nod32) Contact Details - and ask them to change the email address to the other persons, all you'll need is the user Name that's issued, that will be EAV-xxxxxxxx X = the numbers

PS: don't forget to set it to do system scans and full potential in the settings, just yell if you need instructions on the settings, When Installing make sure you tick the option to ENABLE potentially unsafe Applications. ( you'll see it theres only two options, Enable or Disable, you have to select one to move on)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 03-05-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks wainutech.

I've ticked the option to ENABLE potentially unsafe Applications during the installation process; but couldn't any option 'to set it to do system scans and full potential in the settings'.

Is there an option in settings?

What sort of stuff falls under the classification of potentially unsafe, but not potentially unwanted?
    I usually enable advanced heuristics too, but that can have a significant performance impact on some machines so I sometimes need to leave it off.
    Intel Core i5-3470 CPU
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB HDD
    AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics card
    Enermax Tomahawk II 500W PSU
    Antec 300 case
    Win7 Pro (Action Pack :D)

surprisingly quick even without an SSD

To Set a weekly scan, open Nods interface; on the left click on:

• Tools
    • Scheduler
    • Click on the Add Button
    • From drop down box select Computer Scan
    • Call it something ( I just use System Scan)

Then select the options you want from each page, they are all easily explained, mainly day/time etc. One that I tick is also "Run Task as soon as possible" What this does is if the computer is not turned on at the time of the scan it will do it automatically next time its turned on.

When selecting day/times, I generally set it to scan when its not being used, like if you go out shopping at a regular time, or when having dinner/Lunch etc.

While in the settings, have a look at the following picture, the arrows show what I set to. On the settings Button - top right click that, under Object & Options tick all the boxes, under cleaning move the slider to max.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	4965

What Greven was mentioning, I set it going, most machines unless under powered you dont really notice it.

Those settings: from Setup on the left - top right click on COMPUTER ( blue Writing) then Configure/Setup ( as below) under Objects & Options again tick all, cleaning set to max.

Name:	Configure.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	4966

Re
    What sort of stuff falls under the classification of potentially unsafe, but not potentially unwanted
    Toolbars, add-ons that try to install without you knowing, and one that often triggers it is some adverts that have tracking ability without even clicking in them. Sometimes if you go into Facebook or some sites, Nod will go nuts on certain ads if they there.

Heres an example: I have removed the address for what should be obvious safety reasons, its a bit blurry as I've blown it up to show.

Name:	Blocked.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	4967
    Last edited by wainuitech; 04-05-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Wainutech, thanks for much for your indepth instructions, really appreciated.

Cheers

i want to join - great tutorials.