Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4G vodafone??

Default Re: 4G vodafone??

Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    I get the feeling you're hell bent on Vodafone being good. The truth is far from that, in Auckland, they're pretty bloody awful... Without being disrespectful, why are you so convinced otherwise?
    I've actually been with XT for the past 2 years after problems with Vodafone in Auckland - I'm just surprised that the comments on here are so starkly contrasting to other reports I have had after their very recent technology upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ajobbins View Post
    What handset are you using?
    Google Nexus 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Google Nexus 4.
    Good to know. Surprised I'm hearing such different reports. Hopefully with the tech Vodafone has in place now they will get issues sorted for all you still with them soon. I'll be keeping my number of XT for the mean time, especially as the value is better. But the lure of 4G when available is high. (Not that I spend much time in NZ these days)

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Indeed it sounds appealing, but the extra cost compared to XT, just can't sag I'm interested.

Just don't forget to top up every 90 days or you lose your number

Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    Mate you're preaching to the converted, I know what SIP / VoIP does, but as you say people are using it less and less, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? This uses even MORE data so we'll chew through our piddly data caps faster...
    I have had VoIP for a couple of months. It works.like a "proper phone". and it's cheaper and I have a larger download limit. I'm happy with it. I have no idea what else it's good for. What is SIP/VoIP ?

I have no idea what G4 is. Only seen it advertised on TV. Never even heard of G1,2,or 3.

IPads are another mystery. Apart from dragging icons around with a greasy finger, what else does it do. Seems to me it's a bit like windows 8. (dirty word)

Cell phones. Seems to me they are making them harder to use to create a demand for them.

It's imposable to by any "new technology" with instruction books.

I'm waiting for a gadget that with, a press of a button, will kill off anyone over 80.
    Jack GOF.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJ View Post
    IPads are another mystery. Apart from dragging icons around with a greasy finger, what else does it do.
    It's basically a giant iPod Touch, which in turn is an iPhone without the phone part. And it's nothing at all like Windows 8.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJ View Post
    I have had VoIP for a couple of months. It works.like a "proper phone". and it's cheaper and I have a larger download limit. I'm happy with it. I have no idea what else it's good for. What is SIP/VoIP ?

I have no idea what G4 is. Only seen it advertised on TV. Never even heard of G1,2,or 3.

IPads are another mystery. Apart from dragging icons around with a greasy finger, what else does it do. Seems to me it's a bit like windows 8. (dirty word)

Cell phones. Seems to me they are making them harder to use to create a demand for them.

It's imposable to by any "new technology" with instruction books.

I'm waiting for a gadget that with, a press of a button, will kill off anyone over 80.
    Just hope that no one invents this when you get to 80.. if you make it that far.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

I'm already over 80.
    Jack GOF.

I can't comment on auckland, but around Hamilton the two networks perform similarly overall. I think telecom has slightly better coverage and more consistent speeds but there's not enough in it to make someone switch. At my monthly LAN group in Ngaruawahaia though I used to tether my smartphone to get some internet time during the quiet periods and have noticed a distinct reduction in performance from Vodafone over the last 6 months. The max speeds are the same but it fluctuates wildy so I can't game over it like I used to - I have resorted to a Telecom T-stick instead and that works much better. I've purchased a telecom SIM for my phone and am contemplating switching over for good, just have to use up all my credit first.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

I don't understand why Vodafone is so proud about with 4G.
    If you check out the Vodafone Data plans its expensive and you have to pay an extra $20 to be on 4G
    It's patchy and not everywhere has it.
    Getting people to use 4G is pretty much pointless since most people just texts and call.

Isn't LTE mobiles are generally $100-$200 more expensive than other mobiles?

It's pointless. Completely pointless.

I see no point moving to 4G. Just look at the price. It's OMG.
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit