Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orcon as ISP

Question Orcon as ISP

Hey Guys

Just wondering what any of your experiences with Orcon as an ISP is?

As of today I can get UFB, and Orcon have the best plans so far, but I want to know what they're like as an ISP according to you guys? So any heads up would be awesome!

Cheers

Default Re: Orcon as ISP

*cracks knuckles and prepares for a rant*

Complete and utter ****!

Over the last 12 months they have turned into one of the worst ISP's in the country, I am in the process of leaving them.
    The support is a joke, you rarely speak to anyone with passable English and as well as not understanding you they have NO idea how to help you.
    Also in my experience the speeds and reliability of the connections are in the toilet.

Now you are going to be using UFB so I doubt you will have the connection issues as this is new and flash, but the support is still a joke.
    Your call.
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

^^ I'll second that notion. Haven't been impressed with their performance for the last 6-9 months now, they've really taken a turn for the worse if you ask me.

I'd personally suggest looking for alternatives.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Been using Orcon now for a couple of years since they bought igrin in Northland. Have had no problems with them at all, and any queries have been dealt with promptly an accurately. I have no complaints about speed, and have never been subject to a disconnection.

I, Personally have had no problems. I'm on UFB myself.... that being said, I have heard a LOT coming from others that suggests they are terrible. Given that I'd look for another ISP in the mean time, SNAP do UFB and have some very good plans. Had they been on the fibre loop when we got UFB we'd probably have gone with them.
    The Master Of Deception

>~~ i7 Sandy Bridge 2630QM 2.0GHz ~~ 4GB RAM ~~ATI 6770M 1Gb~~ 640gb Pri HDD 1tb Secnd~~<

Their support is balls and their international speeds are far below what they should be at the moment.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
    Their support is balls and their international speeds are far below what they should be at the moment.
    Yeah that basically summed up my experiences. Gave them like 6-7 weeks to fix a packet loss issue, they couldn't. Switched to 2talk, problem gone! Couldn't be happier!

In fact, I think 2talk may also be doing UFB, unofficially, they've kind of just soft-launched their DSL stuff.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

If you don't need help, their connection and speed is good. The best I have found yet.
    If you need help forget them. Their "experts" are pitiful. If you email them you will wait for a week for a reply.
    Jack GOF.

Awesome guys, thanks for the feedback. . I've contacted my current ISP Actrix, and may just wait for them to get on board.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJ View Post
    If you don't need help, their connection and speed is good. The best I have found yet.
    If you need help forget them. Their "experts" are pitiful. If you email them you will wait for a week for a reply.
    I remember going for a job interview at Orcon, needless to say I didn't get it. I'd go insane if their "experts" are that bad :P