Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default My poor poor Nexus 4

Haven't been on in a while, just thought I'd share an update on my Nexus 4. Once it arrived after weeks of waiting, I was over the moon! It was everything I could have wanted in a phone. It was perfect, the screen was fantastic, the OS was amazing, it was swift and fast, even the much debated camera was up to my standard! Until after about 8 days of owning the phone it slipped out of my pocket and landed screen first onto the curb. It bounced and flipped over, staring up at me with a shattered screen. I pulled the case off and peeled the screen protector back, only to discover the digitizer was broken too, effectively making the phone useless. I almost cried as I pulled fragments of my screen off the rear of the screen protector.

$200 and an insurance claim later, they agreed to fix it. That was 5 weeks ago. They are currently awaiting parts from America.

Sigh

Default Re: My poor poor Nexus 4

Oww!

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Slipping into Madness lordnoddy's Avatar

Them Feels... OP that is the saddest thing I've heard in some time... :'(

I don't even let other people hold mine... Unless they own one then I can swap them for insurance purposes
    Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes... that way when you do judge them you're a mile away... and you have THEIR shoes!

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Pix!

Did you end up getting one of them from me? Or was that somebody else? I've imported a fair few for friends / family / PF1 members, so I forget ....

Anyways, my brother had his stolen from his gym bag. He'd disabled Latitude literally the day before, so we couldn't track it. Clever sod. Lucky for him I'd just had 4 arrive in the country and had one spare, so was able to give him one, get him back up and running right away, now he's just waiting on insurance to reimburse him.
    Silly bugger had also disabled Instant Upload coz he thought "Nah I don't need that backing up my photos". He regrets that now.... But aside from that at least everything else downloaded / sync'd fine, such as contacts, apps, the works, all instant

Wife also broke the back of hers about 2 weeks ago. We were pillow fighting in bed (No seriously, it was an actual pillow fight), and I was lying on her pillow. She yanked it out from under me and over the top of her head. As she did, she hit her bedside lamp, which fell forward and cracked the back of her gorgeous Nexus 4.... It wasn't bad, the front was fine coz the phone was face-down, and we've since got a cover from dbrand for it so you'd never know (She can't be bothered with repairing it) so it works alright.

Speaking of which these guys are actually real good. Shipping arrived in a few days and only cost USD$3 to get 3 of the backs shipped here to NZ! http://dbrand.com/submodels/nexus-4/
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Yea I did in the end, unfortunately the pics were on my girlfriends phone which she has since sold and the pictures are lost. Dam, would be a shame to get it stolen like that! Once mine is repaired I'll treat it like a child of my own.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

... guess your girlfriend didn't have Instant Upload either huh? ;-)
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Got my nexus 4 about 2 weeks ago, then yesterday I won a damn SGS3, so now I have a 4s, SGS3 and a Nexus 4 and can't chose which two to sell. It's a hard life :P

These Nexus 4's sound pretty flimsy to me.
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSade View Post
    These Nexus 4's sound pretty flimsy to me.
    No worse than an iPhone - they both have glass backs

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Plastic FTW
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter