Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Discuss: The law, moaners, being PC, and where PF1 is headed

Its no wonder people are not participating in as many threads these days.

Zara's Comment on BM's new post
    Given that we're in the middle of a discussion regarding the frequency of this sort of post, please have the courtesy of not starting a new thread on the same topic until the discussion is complete.
    So no one is allowed to comment on a NEW news article now are we ??

The article was dated today, the 22nd which just happens to be TODAY. There wasn't one single word mentioned relating to anything Nasty at all.

This place is going like the ????? with all the PC crap these days. Yet it would be fine to show it on the News(TV)s and other web sites that report News ?

Normally I don't say anything about these threads, but this is going to a dictator ship type forum.

The title of this thread is "Discuss: The law, moaners, being PC," What a joke, if anyone says anything it goes all -- you cant say that bla bla la.

Soon we wont be able to even answer Computer problems as there may be someone getting all upset over it.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-02-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Zara's comment on another thread:

Given that we're in the middle of a discussion regarding the frequency of this sort of post, please have the courtesy of not starting a new thread on the same topic until the discussion is complete.
    This is disgusting.

At this risk of being banned, this forum has really turned to **** since she's come along.
    PC: Intel® Core™ i5-650 3.20 GHz | Intel® Desktop Board DQ57TM | 8GB DDR3 RAM | Radeon HD 4870 | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goodiesguy View Post
    This is disgusting.

At this risk of being banned, this forum has really turned to **** since she's come along.
    Actually to be honest the raw traffic statistics show that since you joined in 2010 and started posting a lot more frequently later in the middle of that year, along with when BM started posting a new anti-Maori thread every other day at the same time, is actually when people visiting the forums has slowly declined. Zara wasn't really involved until mid-2012.

If anything, I'm content to point the finger at you, directly, and BM. Now stop being such a prick and get on with life. Suck it up. It's happening, it's law, so we want some *constructive* discussion around it instead of the usuals (Such as you) just bitching all the time.

Grow up people, get a grip, we're basically saying: Stop with the constant bashing of the Maoris in a whole ton of new threads every other week.
    Is your life *really* that sad that you can't survive without that? Go outside, get a life perhaps... Or, participate in this in a constructive way.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

I think some people are ignoring the fact there is a law change (see post#1) that puts PC World and its forums into a difficult position. When you have finishing throwing your toys, perhaps read up about the "Communications (New Media) bill" and offer some practical and workable solutions that will make everyone happy - members and lawyers.
    Last edited by Jen; 22-02-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: changed most to some...

Now I belong to a lot of other forums around the world and most have an off topic forum like here and most if not all say in there rules not to start threads on anything to do with religion, politics and anything racial. If you do you are warned and if you continue to do so you are banned. If you want to post anything on what I have mentioned there are forums for doing that. Yes I think that the numbers of people coming to this forum is when these racial threads start to appear. I may of been a culprit of that but I think enough is enough.
    Last edited by Trev; 22-02-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

Chill, re Zara. I know a mods gotta do a mods job, and secretly we are all grateful :-) but before she was here we had two mods who knew the community, knew where to step in and keep things friendly and constructive and everything stayed pretty orderly. I know it's not the only reason but a new mod, that was not even known beforehand, coming in and swinging the banhammer is going to get the masses either leaving or pushing back.

I am sick of anti-maori threads though, I agree with all of the for the most part but bitchin n whinging 24/7 just gets old, just because a new article comes out doesn't make it new news.

Pretends to know things

As stupid as censorship is (mostly) Laws are laws. If people don't like the changes that need to be made here in regards to the law they should probably go somewhere else. At the end of the day Fairfax is paying for PF1 to be a thing so they can do what they want with it, regardless of if it is right or wrong, smart or stupid.

Now I belong to a lot of other forums around the world and most have an off topic forum like here and most if not all say in there rules not to start threads on anything to do with religion, politics and anything racial. If you do you are warned and if you continue to do so you are banned. If you want to post anything on what I have mentioned there are forums for doing that. Yes I think that the numbers of people coming to this forum dropped when these racial threads started to appear. I may of been a culprit of that but I think enough is enough.

Just an edit of my thread above.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

I’ve watched this thread with interest but refrained from comment to see what happens. However, I think the time has come.

There are many aspects to address so to take them one at a time.

1: This thread was not in fact started by Chill. He is just the “Fall Guy” acting on Zara Baxter’s instructions. How do I know? Well I have a PM from her where in discussion she asked me basically the same questions as Chill has posted and I replied “Why not start a thread and get the feedback from everyone.” Her response was she already had thought of that and had one written. I have copies of the correspondence that I will table if required.

2: The threat about the Law is a “Red Herring”. There isn’t a lawyer alive that would take a case where what was published was the truth and didn’t have a Court or Government embargo.

3: As a number of others have pointed out we’ve never had a problem until Zara arrived on the scene.

4: Other than Zara trying to suppress the truth to appease herself and a couple others we still don’t have a problem.

5: I’m one of the original members going back to the good old days when we had competitions, promotions, and a good time all round. We even had Tim who Zara would never have coped with but it was all taken in our stride. “Thanks Bruce and Rob if you’re still out there”. Anyway, on a number of times lately I’ve thought maybe I should do a “Metla”, but then it’s not my nature to capitulate.

6: Finally, I suggest that those thinking of surrendering and joining other forums reconsider and put up a fight. After all, there is only ONE problem that needs fixing.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

1) Actually, I wrote it, I have the original Google Doc. Don't give a toss about the "correspondence", it's a moot point because I suggested to her we start a thread before this all happened.

2) Not true. Look at the likes of Paul Holmes thread about Waitangi Day. People are being pulled up for what they're writing.

3) The "numbers" began to decline around the same time that you started posting anti-Maori threads regularly. Zara wasn't actually regularly active until mid-2012 (Much later). I recall we all got off to a rocky start, but I would have thought you'd be man enough to move on and put that behind you. Clearly I was wrong.

4) Actually we *do* have a problem, centered around your threads. I don't give a rats ass about "being PC", I do however care about keeping these forums within the law. Everybody bitched back in the day that we couldn't talk about how to pirate Sky TV, but they got over it quickly. You're either going to do likewise or leave, because we're not acting out of our own spite here, so stop being a jackass towards the admins.

5) I've been here for over 12 years now, don't talk to me about long-term members, I don't care.

6) Yeah, you do that, but vent towards parliament and the lawmakers, not me, because I honestly don't care to hear anything further from you if that's going to be your attitude.

Now, you can be constructive (For a change) with your comments, and step in to line (WITH THE LAW), or you can leave, because Fairfax is not about to be put at risk because of you. Take your pick.
    Last edited by Chilling_Silence; 22-02-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro