Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Default Re: Discuss: The law, moaners, being PC, and where PF1 is headed

I fail to see where TV and Radio organisations have jurisdiction over online media?
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Got to start somewhere.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, GTX 560 TI 1GB DDR5 graphics card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2233WM LCD 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD

I would like the media in NZ prosecuted for continually taking pot shots at our National government and its ministers and departments. Any outsider would think its open season on National but a closed season on the commies and greens. Like teachers in NZ the media are are so far left they can not even think straight anymore.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

The Zeditor (Admin)

DeSade, it's essentially an attempt at self-regulation. Self-regulation is the current standard used across most media - complaints about press go to Press Council, complaints about ads go to Advertising Standards, complaints about TV/Radio go to Broadcast standards. In each case, the tribunal has members from media and the public on it. It would be the same with this.

As I see it, it's an attempt to show that self-regulation works, and thus implementing the proposed bill is unneeded. Use of past precedent demonstrated by the other tribunals adds support for that.

Just keeping you abreast, since at least one member seems to think that the Media doesn't self-regulate and waits for government to tell them what to do instead.

The Zeditor (Admin)

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    I would like the media in NZ prosecuted for continually taking pot shots at our National government and its ministers and departments. Any outsider would think its open season on National but a closed season on the commies and greens. Like teachers in NZ the media are are so far left they can not even think straight anymore.
    I'd suggest a complaint to the press council or BSA is your first step, prefect.

The net is the only bastion of free speech left.
    I for one REFUSE to be censored.
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeSade View Post
    The net is the only bastion of free speech left.
    I for one REFUSE to be censored.
    And that's the great part about it, you're fully entitled to not be censored, just not here
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Voltaire said:
    " I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    Obviously that is now hopelessly out of date so the Committee has issued a revised version:
    "If any of us disagree with what you say, you can depend on the death of your prose until you say it right."
    The Judges' decision will be final until it is changed.
    Last edited by R2x1; 08-03-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Bl**dy H*ll

I don't know how I missed this thread!

I go to Oz for a w**k and all h*ll breaks l**se[/] offensive exclamation mark deleted

G*t a gr*p pe**le, the putative 'rules' or potential laws are just that, putative, but for all that, they are just good old fashioned common sense.

If it were n*t for the r*ging idi*ts out there with no self-control, such proposals would never see the light of day.

I've been on PF1 for more years than I can remember (memo to mods: I'd really like to know when I joined but it was two forum software generations back and I was using a 486-33, mostly in DOS) and this is the cleanest, most polite, friendly, lightly moderated and helpful site I have ever used. I belong to a a UK technical site where the mods rewrite your posts to suit their ideas, or just delete them. If you f*rt at your k*yb*ard on the other side of the pl*net they delete your @#$%! thre*d!

I doubt you'd find a better and more gently moderated website, or a finer and more tolerant and helpful group of members (and moderators) anywhere, and yes, I did mean tolerant.

Settle down, get a grip, build a bridge, get over it, and other assorted cliches; and if you feel the need to throw something at me, do it by PM please, not here.

Cheers

Billy 8-{(
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

You’re absolutely right old chap but all that has happened is our new Editor has taken it upon herself to bring us into the “Politically Correct” era.

I do note however that there seems to be some “Selective Morality” operating.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.