Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Force all Windows to always open Maximized.

I am having a heck of a time here.

I am trying to get all my windows to always open maximized. But, nothing is working.

I try the "drag corners and go to File-Close method (not having it maximized). 5 min later, it opens half the size of my screen again. I have tested it. It only works about 2 times, then it goes back to opening half size.

Yes, sometimes this DOES work for an hour or so. But then it goes away out of nowhere back to half size. Also, once I reboot my PC everything is back to half size again.

I try maximizing before I close. 5 min later, all windows open half the size of my screen again.

So, I tried a reg edit method of having "open maximized" set to Yes. No. Still wont do it.

This is driving me MAD!! I am SICK of everything always opening half size not matter what I do.

Please, someone help. lol. Check my sig for my PC specs,

PS : Firefox opens fine. This is only related to normal Windows

PSS : Why is this site so blasted slow? Takes an eternity to load most the time. No other sites do that.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 SDRAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 960 w/ ACX 2.0 Cooling, ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard, AMD FX 8350 Black CPU, Samsung 860 QVD 1tb SSD, Samsung 55" 4K UHD UN55MU9000 as monitor

Default Re: Force all Windows to always open Maximized.

Don't know the answer to your windows problem but this site isn't slow

Theres a few options, the following sometimes works: make-apps-always-open-maximized/

For times it doesn't, you can install this :AutoSizer/ Just tried it on several programs that don't work with the above, if you set up a hotkey, should it not open maximised, simply hit the hotkey and it will - make sure its set to run on start-up.

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Don't know the answer to your windows problem but this site isn't slow
    I was slow two days in a row. I didn't even post the first day because it took so long to load. Loads fine today.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 SDRAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 960 w/ ACX 2.0 Cooling, ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard, AMD FX 8350 Black CPU, Samsung 860 QVD 1tb SSD, Samsung 55" 4K UHD UN55MU9000 as monitor

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Theres a few options, the following sometimes works: make-apps-always-open-maximized/

For times it doesn't, you can install this :AutoSizer/ Just tried it on several programs that don't work with the above, if you set up a hotkey, should it not open maximised, simply hit the hotkey and it will - make sure its set to run on start-up.
    I can't do the URL solution because it is just the standard windows. Explorer. What you use browsing our your files on your PC, etc. Not shortcuts and programs.

I am also not interested in installing a program to do something windows is supposed to do at my request anyway.

VoidMaster

Maximize any window you want to re-open maximized, then hold down Ctrl + Shift and close the window by left-clicking the X at the top of the window.

Next time you open it the window will be maximized.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

I find the F1 site to be quite quick to load. The Quick reply dialogue box can be frustrating to use. It often locks up briefly while you are writing or editing the text. I often go to the 'Go Advanced' option. This is much quicker.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300

There is one way that appears to work, just tried it and it opened every window every time maximized.

Download This Here,Unzip it, If you want this to do the maximized actions every time you start the Computer,save it in the start folder, run the exe. There will be a Icon appear in the Icon try - click it, select "Maximize all" If you only want to do it sometimes, then save it someplace like the desktop, double click to activate.

I am also not interested in installing a program to do something windows is supposed to do at my request anyway
    Actually - if it were meant to do it by default, then there would be a simple option to allow it, and thats why so many people ask how to do it - by default it doesn't.

Depending on the setup, or corruptions / file damages, changing of Reg Values within any install, some things that are "Meant to work" Dont.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 17-02-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Me

I've used "Autosizer" for years. Works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Maximize any window you want to re-open maximized, then hold down Ctrl + Shift and close the window by left-clicking the X at the top of the window.

Next time you open it the window will be maximized.
    AS I explained, I have already tried that method. It only works for a short time. Within 30 min it's back to opening half size.