Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ingress Invites

Default Ingress Invites

A while back I made a query about those interested in Ingress here, and I thought since none of my friends with Android are especially keen to play, I thought I might help out the ever helpful members here

I'll give away 3x invites to start with, I'm not anticipating a massive rush of people! It would be good to get someone from the South Island, there doesn't seem to be much going on down there and they could use the extra players. Wellington and Auckland are fairly buzzing though! You do need to get out and about to play. It's not a couch game. Also, the Enlightened team are losing on a global scale, so it would be good to join them and boost the numbers/score but in NZ they are thriving. So I guess either or is a good idea. I am with the Enlightened. Flipped a coin for it

Anyway, let me know if you're interested. I'm no hardcore player by any stretch. But I get out and around when I can, I'm mostly looking to submit some portals in my area, but there's nothing to submit
    The Master Of Deception

>~~ i7 Sandy Bridge 2630QM 2.0GHz ~~ 4GB RAM ~~ATI 6770M 1Gb~~ 640gb Pri HDD 1tb Secnd~~<

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Default Re: Ingress Invites

Go Enlightened!!

Unfortunately there's none anywhere near me, it's literally a 10 min drive from home / work to get to any. Gotta submit some portals...

Do I have you on G+?
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

It's funny, NZ is pretty dominated by EN, the Resistance are having a hard time , good for the competition though. I don't think you're in any of my circles - https://plus.google.com/107446211766907228081/

There's none near me either, it's either a drive into Wellington or Mana, they managed to get a Newlands one up which is good. I'm heading across to Churton park to see if I can get one up there. If there were a few local portals it would be good. No point in putting one in Johnsonville, it would just create an annoying field with crossed links.
    The Master Of Deception

>~~ i7 Sandy Bridge 2630QM 2.0GHz ~~ 4GB RAM ~~ATI 6770M 1Gb~~ 640gb Pri HDD 1tb Secnd~~<

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Yeah it's funny I just mentioned to another Ingress player that Auckland and Wellington were almost completely dominated by the *opposite* factions they're controlled by now, just 3-4 weeks ago. Crazy how it all turns around

You should get an add from me on G+ any min now.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Yup, got it. Just checked intel this morning. Resistance must have done a big op, they have taken down several L5 portals and ,made their own L5's. That's a good nights work there. They must have been laying low and hoarding XMP bursters, portal keys etc for the attacks.

What a yarn. Still, green skies over my house still, so the welly/mana links must be good.
    The Master Of Deception

Slipping into Madness lordnoddy's Avatar

So keen to get into this
    Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes... that way when you do judge them you're a mile away... and you have THEIR shoes!

Sounds like you are talking in code
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

We probably are in a way It takes a while to get the hang of it really. I'm still learning, I have probably only scraped the surface of what you can do.
    The Master Of Deception

Hi, are you still giving out invites? I'm really keen to join. And hows the Enlightened situation in Auckland?

I'd fully give you one, but when I made the offer I never realized that I couldn't just make an invite. If I try fill out an invite form it just sits there loading. Apparently you have to be a "special" recruitment player to give out invites.

I simply filled out my details on the site and got an email within 3x weeks. Apparently you *usually* get one within 2 months. I wasn't massively worried about getting my 1st invite so it was a real nice surprise when I got it. The missus wasn't too impressed with my joy. She thought I was sad

Sorry I can't help, Just sign up on the ingress site
    The Master Of Deception