Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can you see the blinking yellow light?

Can anybody see the yellow light working, looks to me the stop light is on?
    I think it is better for the pocket to pre think the person in front is going to stop when they are between you and a intersection!

You can try your luck at http://www.aa.co.nz/motoring/driving...oad-code-quiz/
    All you have to do is 10 out of 10.

and for anybody who wishes to print this page here is the URL again
    http://www.aa.co.nz/motoring/driving-school/road-code-quiz/
    I still have not had any feedback on the other complaint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dim_flasher.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	4640  
    Last edited by Frank_sumbody; 04-01-2013 at 05:25 AM. Reason: hoo the url did it, darts one might say, it is the earth fault it has gravaty
    In public area, I use a handkerchief so YOU dont get hit with my gems when I cough and sneeze near you, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO US?

Default Re: Can you see the blinking yellow light?

In your pic it is hard to tell what light is on.
    wipe your paws.

That could mean either stop or turn left or both
    That question is misleading in fact the only answer that should be incorrect there is move towards the right... oh wait with some of the drivers in nz that answer actually could be correct

The brake light is on as well as the left indicator. To me that means "I am slowing down to turn left".
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Attachment 4641
    Ho I found it, this is a trick question in my opinion and could it be why there are so many accidents if the right answer to this is teaching young drivers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	4642  
    Last edited by Frank_sumbody; 04-01-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: wrong picture
    In public area, I use a handkerchief so YOU dont get hit with my gems when I cough and sneeze near you, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO US?

Insert witticism here

I just did the test and didn't get either of those two questions. I did get 10/10 though.

What is the correct answer for the 65km/h curve question? The fastest or safest? I'd go with safest but would modify the answer to say it was an advisory of the maximum safe speed, rather than feeling like you have to do 65 to be "safe"

Indeed there are some really nasty little questions like that. I had a similar question for my license some years ago. I got it wrong (but still passed overall).

It's annoying because you know what the sign means/says (65 is an idea/safe speed) but depending on the interpretation of the test question both answers are correct. It would require the user to actually know the exact definition as outlined in the road code/
    The Master Of Deception

>~~ i7 Sandy Bridge 2630QM 2.0GHz ~~ 4GB RAM ~~ATI 6770M 1Gb~~ 640gb Pri HDD 1tb Secnd~~<

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I just did the test and didn't get either of those two questions. I did get 10/10 though.

What is the correct answer for the 65km/h curve question? The fastest or safest? I'd go with safest but would modify the answer to say it was an advisory of the maximum safe speed, rather than feeling like you have to do 65 to be "safe"
    It's a safe speed. It's fine to drive faster, and if you're able to there's nothing stopping you as long as you're under the posted speed limit.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Reply to sign "going around the bend"

I thought I would say away and see what happened, I think it is badly worded.
    Answer A is Fastest speed
    Answer C is Safest speed

I answered "A" thinking what if you intended to go around the bend at say 50Km/h should you speed up to 65 Km/h thinking "safer" (One would have to be a moron to think that, but there are a lot of moron drivers out there) not that I would even speed up if I saw a sign like that. I asked someone else my age he said "A" as well.

But appears from you jokers comments motorist should think open road speed and should slow down to be "Safest"

But having said that if I was going to sit the test to get my license, I would just learn by the mistake I made, and most likely not think anymore, I think all "experienced" drivers should do the test, good to see 100% keep doing the test there are lots of other questions.

PCUser is right upon examination the meaning is clear and, its been said (to me [the definition]) before but if you look at the question you can easily make a mistake despite knowing what the sign means.
    The Master Of Deception

>~~ i7 Sandy Bridge 2630QM 2.0GHz ~~ 4GB RAM ~~ATI 6770M 1Gb~~ 640gb Pri HDD 1tb Secnd~~<