Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: In keeping with the Government’s wishes?

Quote Originally Posted by globe View Post
    And that is my point exactly, that your persistent themes are driving people from this forum and turning it into something that it is not meant to be and never was.
    I concur. While I love a good debate, the massive number of threads started purely to moan about the government is becoming somewhat tiresome - the odd one is fine, but the number of them that B.M is starting seems more than a little excessive.

B.M - If you're wanting to publicly moan about so many issues, how about starting a single 'political moaning' thread, and putting each new item in there? This approach would avoid the 'million moaning threads' problem, but still allow you to vent without cluttering up the forum.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Erayd View Post
    I concur. While I love a good debate, the massive number of threads started purely to moan about the government is becoming somewhat tiresome - the odd one is fine, but the number of them that B.M is starting seems more than a little excessive.

B.M - If you're wanting to publicly moan about so many issues, how about starting a single 'political moaning' thread, and putting each new item in there? This approach would avoid the 'million moaning threads' problem, but still allow you to vent without cluttering up the forum.
    Well if you can stop Fairfax from printing the facts I'll have nothing to moan about.

I know criticising the government you support is gut wrenching for you, but that just goes with the doctrine of free speech.

Frankly, I don’t blame you or Globe trying to close down any discussion that displays your government in such poor light.

However, for a man of your calibre just black list my posts or don’t read them.

But I do draw comfort from the fact there are plenty out there that share my views.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    I know criticising the government you support is gut wrenching for you, but that just goes with the doctrine of free speech.

Frankly, I don’t blame you or Globe trying to close down any discussion that displays your government in such poor light.
    I think you missed the point - I have no problem with you criticising the government (even in cases where we might disagree), nor do I have any desire to close down discussion on the subject.

What I do find annoying is a large number of negative threads all complaining about the same subject - *regardless* of the subject. You could just as easily have been moaning about songs you hear on the radio; I'd still find it irritating (and I'm by no means the only one who has an issue with the sheer volume of your complaint threads).

However, for a man of your calibre just black list my posts or don’t read them.
    I have no wish to blacklist you, and from time to time those threads can actually contain pretty decent debate. I was just suggesting what seems to me to be a 'win-win' alternative - by keeping it in one thread you don't clutter up the forum every time you want to complain about something (thereby keeping those who don't like seeing a page full of whinge threads happy), and can also continue to maintain your current volume of posting about such topics (thereby hopefully keeping you happy as well). A nice example of this is Goodiesguy's music thread - I (and many others) have no desire to read it, but as it's all in one thread it avoids the clutter, and goodiesguy can happily continue to post his weekly track without bothering anyone else.

But I do draw comfort from the fact there are plenty out there that share my views.
    There are certainly lots who do .
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

mikebartnz

Read what I wrote.

"stop making this forum such a negative whingy place"
    I did and I find it is you who is making it a negative and whingy place.
    Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working when you open Windows.

mikebartnz

And that is my point exactly, that your persistent themes are driving people from this forum and turning it into something that it is not meant to be and never was.
    I really think you are dreaming if you think he is driving people from the forum. If I don't like someones threads I just stop visiting them. It really is quite easy or you could just use the ignore button.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    Hang about. This is only a proposal and there are three months for public submissions. We can be sure there will be vigorous objections. Also the original list had 400 possible sites which the council reduced to 40 - and that number might finally become 10 - or nil.

Its hard to see why ancient Maori sites shouldn't be preserved and the council are not saying houses have to be removed. The law already says that if an archaeological site is found anywhere in NZ then you have to proceed with notification and caution.
    Did you conveniently not read this bit Winston?

Waikanae Community Board chairman and lawyer Michael Scott said yesterday: "Yet again the council has potentially undermined people's property values.
    "They should have discussed the issue with property owners before dropping the information on LIMs [land information memorandums] and titles.

I would have thought as a Lawyer you would realise that having such a claim registered on a LIM report for your property effectively renders that property valueless and un-sellable.

I’ve seen first hand how damaging an incorrect LIM report can be and to have Maori Claims registered against the properties is simply outrageous.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

mikebartnz

Just stop visiting his threads If you don't like them.

I think you missed the point - I have no problem with you criticising the government (even in cases where we might disagree), nor do I have any desire to close down discussion on the subject.

What I do find annoying is a large number of negative threads all complaining about the same subject - *regardless* of the subject. You could just as easily have been moaning about songs you hear on the radio; I'd still find it irritating (and I'm by no means the only one who has an issue with the sheer volume of your complaint threads).

I have no wish to blacklist you, and from time to time those threads can actually contain pretty decent debate. I was just suggesting what seems to me to be a 'win-win' alternative - by keeping it in one thread you don't clutter up the forum every time you want to complain about something (thereby keeping those who don't like seeing a page full of whinge threads happy), and can also continue to maintain your current volume of posting about such topics (thereby hopefully keeping you happy as well). A nice example of this is Goodiesguy's music thread - I (and many others) have no desire to read it, but as it's all in one thread it avoids the clutter, and goodiesguy can happily continue to post his weekly track without bothering anyone else.

There are certainly lots who do .
    well said, and well put. my thoughts precisely.

Read what I wrote.

"stop making this forum such a negative whingy place"
    Pot and kettle comes to mind... I believe a mod has already suggested you block the poster, maybe you might like to action the given advice?

Any actual proof this is happening or is it just some wild theory.
    Intel Water Cooled i7 3770k, ,Z77X UB5, 30Gb mSATA SSD, 16Gb XPG DDR3 1600 Ram, 2x 1Tb HDD, GTX 670, Blu-Ray RW, Enermax NAXN 750W, CM HAF 912 Advanced Case.

What I do find annoying is a large number of negative threads all complaining about the same subject - *regardless* of the subject.
    Say what?
    Intel Water Cooled i7 3770k, ,Z77X UB5, 30Gb mSATA SSD, 16Gb XPG DDR3 1600 Ram, 2x 1Tb HDD, GTX 670, Blu-Ray RW, Enermax NAXN 750W, CM HAF 912 Advanced Case.