Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718
    mikebartnz

Default Re: Another Interesting article from Fairfax.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    Mmmm...just as B.M. (indeed all of us) are entitled to post our opinions, so are Globe and Erayd. I do understand their point which is that regular threads attacking politicians and Maori-related issues appears obsessive after a while and becomes tiresome. Akin to spam.

However it doesn't bother me: either overlook the thread or give a quick look. And to BMs credit, he is able to argue rationally, backing up his views with links, which is better than many do on the net.
    I agree with you but every post by B.M. Globe has to come on and be negative and I just can not understand why he just doesn't ignore them.
    Erayd on the other hand has only stated his opinion in this thread and one other and does add more of a comment which is tolerable.
    There was a past member who was often ridiculed where most of his posts I just ignored but occasionally he did add something useful.
    Last edited by mikebartnz; 02-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working when you open Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    Mmmm...just as B.M. (indeed all of us) are entitled to post our opinions, so are Globe and Erayd. I do understand their point which is that regular threads attacking politicians and Maori-related issues appears obsessive after a while and becomes tiresome. Akin to spam.

However it doesn't bother me: either overlook the thread or give a quick look. And to BMs credit, he is able to argue rationally, backing up his views with links, which is better than many do on the net.
    Winston, the point is that the vast majority of members aren’t at all concerned and as you can see many fully approve.

It’s just two or three who want everything run to suit themselves.

They’ve been told multiple times that they don’t have to read the threads, but they can’t seem to grasp that concept.

As one poster quite correctly pointed out, when you buy a paper you don’t read every article, you only read the ones you want to.

You may have also noticed that these characters never ever address the matter at hand, but always attack the messenger.

Fortunately, it is like being savaged by a white mouse and doesn’t worry me.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

mikebartnz

I will admit B.M that a more descriptive title might go some way to appeasing one or two.

mikebartnz

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Fortunately, it is like being savaged by a white mouse and doesn’t worry me.
    You must have forgotten the White mouse of the French resistance.

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

This thread has 445 views much more than any others running
    http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthr...ent%92s-wishes
    This post which has the commies complaining has 1,709 views more than any thread for a few days.
    What is happening is the commies do not want us to discuss maoris stuff unless it shows them in good light.
    If commies call it call it spam etc why are so many people viewing it.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

The Zeditor (Admin)

Default Re: In keeping with the Government’s wishes?

Folks,

If you don't want to see Erayd and Globe posting, you can hit the ignore key. and it's easier to ignore them, because they aren't starting multiple threads...

Speaking of which, B.M., If you could, as with Billy T, perhaps make one post per week, and throw all your stuff in there, it would be appreciated, thanks.

The Zeditor (Admin)

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    This thread has 445 views much more than any others running
    http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthr...ent%92s-wishes
    This post which has the commies complaining has 1,709 views more than any thread for a few days.
    What is happening is the commies do not want us to discuss maoris stuff unless it shows them in good light.
    If commies call it call it spam etc why are so many people viewing it.
    I'd be interested to see how you reached that conclusion, given that none of the people saying that there were too many threads mentioned anything about race. You appear to be the first one to do so.

Anyway. I'm merging this thread with the other one. So it'll have even more views.

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zara Baxter View Post
    I'd be interested to see how you reached that conclusion, given that none of the people saying that there were too many threads mentioned anything about race. You appear to be the first one to do so.

Anyway. I'm merging this thread with the other one. So it'll have even more views.
    Post #169 from Winston mentions race here:

Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

The Zeditor (Admin)

Default Re: In keeping with the Government’s wishes?

So you get "commies don't want us to discuss maori stuff" from one very late post in the thread, which was talking about what other people might think? Bit of a stretch mate. :-)