Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: In keeping with the Government’s wishes?

You know if no one complained, would any one notice?
    Multiplayer games are the Shizz "Theres nothing like killing your mates!" Me

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by mikebartnz View Post
    and what is your purpose in continually carrying on like this.
    Got nothing else better do than complain

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    If BM were to ignore these actions, which we think are irrational, would you point them out?
    In most cases, no. If I'm complaining about the number of "whinge about the government" threads, then I'm hardly likely to start more!

If you read my earlier posts however, you'll notice that I'm not trying to stop B.M. from posting this kind of thing; I'm merely pointing out that there are a number of users on this forum (including me) who find the quantity of new threads on this theme annoying, and suggesting a possible solution that seems to me to be a reasonable compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    Not picking on you Erayd, you have politely expressed the exasperation felt by others. However IMHO freedom of speech is a crucial element of our democracy and BM is expressing indignation on a stream of issues for which many people have a fellow feeling. In short, government grants/payments/compensation (call it what you will) offends many quiet hard working people who never see any thanks or recognition for their part in society.

Now I don't always agree with BM and others but I do believe they have the right to be heard. Open debate is critical to an open society.
    I agree with this completely. I do think there's a place for decorum though - not all material is appropriate for all venues, and in non-dedicated venues (such as the PF1 chat forum) where the content *is* appropriate, excercising some self-restraint as to the manner or quantity of posting on a particular subject seems like a reasonable expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Erayd will say nothing, he might end up attached to an opinion.
    How lovely, another snarky comment that attacks the messenger without reason and has no apparent relation to the topic at hand. While I'm sure it's possible that you derive some sort of satisfaction from these, please refrain from using me as your target.

If you'd like me to provide an explicit opinion on something, just ask.

B.M. - as per my earlier post, is keeping your various political rants corralled in a single thread something you'd be amenable to? It seems to me that this would be a good compromise, allowing you to maintain your current volume of posting on the subject without cluttering up the homepage with lots of similar threads.
    Last edited by Erayd; 01-12-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Removing ambiguity.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

Dare I point out Erayd that this forum doesn’t revolve around just you and Globe.

You two seem to be the only ones deeply offended by my Posts. Others either debate the issue, agree, or ignore.

However, I do take comfort from the fact that you and Globe find my Posts compulsory reading.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Default Another Interesting article from Fairfax.

Globe and Eyrad do not read.

HERE

The article speaks for itself so I shan't comment.

Just make sure you read it carefully and to the end.
    Last edited by B.M.; 02-12-2012 at 06:11 AM.

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erayd View Post
    In most cases, no. If I'm complaining about the number of "whinge about the government" threads, then I'm hardly likely to start more!

If you read my earlier posts however, you'll notice that I'm not trying to stop B.M. from posting this kind of thing; I'm merely pointing out that there are a number of users on this forum (including me) who find the quantity of new threads on this theme annoying, and suggesting a possible solution that seems to me to be a reasonable compromise.

I agree with this completely. I do think there's a place for decorum though - not all material is appropriate for all venues, and in non-dedicated venues (such as the PF1 chat forum) where the content *is* appropriate, excercising some self-restraint as to the manner or quantity of posting on a particular subject seems like a reasonable expectation.

How lovely, another snarky comment that attacks the messenger without reason and has no apparent relation to the topic at hand. While I'm sure it's possible that you derive some sort of satisfaction from these, please refrain from using me as your target.

If you'd like me to provide an explicit opinion on something, just ask.

B.M. - as per my earlier post, is keeping your various political rants corralled in a single thread something you'd be amenable to? It seems to me that this would be a good compromise, allowing you to maintain your current volume of posting on the subject without cluttering up the homepage with lots of similar threads.
    I find these BM posts are more interesting than most. He is pointing out when and how attempts by a certain segment of our country are costing us money.
    Dont worry BM you have an audience.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

What a cheek, complaining about the content. This is a public forum and we are bound to find that which we do not find to our taste, the procedure is to ignore.

Goblar is easy, just ignore, Erad should write a program that converts into what he would like to hear.
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

Well, just to add my

BM - I always read your posts, go out of my way to make sure I read the whole thing. I would not want to see a reduction in such posts.

But why not have a thread where all this stuff goes, like the music thread? I can't see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    I find these BM posts are more interesting than most. He is pointing out when and how attempts by a certain segment of our country are costing us money.
    Dont worry BM you have an audience.
    Well thank you for your support Prefect.

I noticed you also posted a couple of links yesterday which I intended responding to but they seem to have gone missing. However, I did read them before their removal and share your disgust.

Default Re: Another Interesting article from Fairfax.

For members who wish to block posts from B.M. you can do this by adding him to your ignore list. You do this by clicking here and selecting from the left side of the page "Add to ignore list". This will make all posts by B.M. remain hidden while you are logged in.

This is a better solution rather than letting yourself get annoyed with his posts.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jen; 02-12-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Link did work, but changed to a different link