Slipping into Madness lordnoddy's Avatar

Question DotA 2 Heroes VS LoL Champions

Hey guys and gals,

I've got a mate finally making the big step up from LoL to DotA 2 now he has his DotA Key

We all know LoL is a complete copycat of DotA (original Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne MAP created by IceFrog/Blizzard - which if it was crApple that made it, LoL would have been taken to the cleaners already same with HoN) but I was just wondering if anyone could give me who Ryze (LoL champion) is most like ie Hero from DotA? As this is my friends champion of choice - transferable skills to DotA 2 would give him a great head start.
    Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes... that way when you do judge them you're a mile away... and you have THEIR shoes!

Pretends to know things

Default Re: DotA 2 Heroes VS LoL Champions

There are a few heroes that have somewhat similar abilities. Not sure if there is one with the same-ish set though.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Yeah they've mixed and matched a *lot* of abilities, as well as adding their own.

I also believe it was Guinsoo (I think he took over the WC3 map DotA after Euls gave it up) and Pendragon (from dota-allstars.com) who started LoL, to be precise
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Slipping into Madness lordnoddy's Avatar

I figured they weren't exact etc but the game play/skill and item build could match closely to a hero in DotA.

TBH I have played a little LoL in the past (while I was bored at my brothers house without DotA) and used a character called Katelyn who was practically Sniper. Think my first game of LoL ended like 8-2-14... Noobs :P

Chill why you got to be a know-it-all for
    Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes... that way when you do judge them you're a mile away... and you have THEIR shoes!