Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Updates

Default Re: Windows Updates

Nothing on Win7 home pre and XP home here today or this week so far. Just as well since I'm just imaging SWMBO's XP while she is away, hasn't been done for a while might even do my machine tonight too

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Nothing on Win7 home pre and XP home here today or this week so far. Just as well since I'm just imaging SWMBO's XP while she is away, hasn't been done for a while might even do my machine tonight too
    Odd, I had 15 for Win 7 Home Premium and 4 for XP Pro first thing this morning, including the warning message in Win 7 mentioned above because of using OpenDns

omg lol i wondered about those stupid updates and i'm glad i ALWAYS have them OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

i turn updates OFF and keep them OFF, they clog your computer with loads of junk and slow it down, chews up all your internet data, takes forever to shut down your computer and slow start ups too!

I think its Microsofts way of keeping track of whos using what software maybe i don't know but they sure suck!

we have one laptop and one desktop running windows 8 pro, 2 netbooks running windows 7 starter and all 4 have updates set to off always and we never have a problem, if they need a program i just download and install it when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYMCG View Post
    omg lol i wondered about those stupid updates and i'm glad i ALWAYS have them OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm glad I always have them on, I like my security

i turn updates OFF and keep them OFF, they clog your computer with loads of junk and slow it down, chews up all your internet data, takes forever to shut down your computer and slow start ups too!
    Not once have I ever had an update slow my computer down. All they do is replace small system files with other small system files...

I think its Microsofts way of keeping track of whos using what software maybe i don't know but they sure suck!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	4478
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Windows Genuine Advantage was such an epic piece of Microsoft at times - those poor people without auto-updates might have missed it. (It was probably designed for Vista.) Admittedly, however, it is good that Windows put the intended address right in the title of Auto-Update. The whole execution is at times an epic example of Ballmerdrick at its finest.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

VoidMaster

Win8 updated but nothing for Win7 or XP so far, all on same Telecom Modem/Router. Will try Win7 laptop soon.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

No update for Win7 laptop as well, 2nd WinXP desktop is updating however, hmmm interesting.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Why am I the only one left out, doesn't seem fair.
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    My W8 in the lounge just brought through 331MB.
    Just turned the Win 8 box on, 332.8Mb for 8 updates.

The little Eee (Win 7 starter) had about 12, took it about 40 mins to install and took another year off the hard drive lol.

Have to say its the largest (Mb) lot of updates I can remember - short of a service pack.
    Intel Water Cooled i7 3770k, ,Z77X UB5, 30Gb mSATA SSD, 16Gb XPG DDR3 1600 Ram, 2x 1Tb HDD, GTX 670, Blu-Ray RW, Enermax NAXN 750W, CM HAF 912 Advanced Case.