Sods!

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=157146
    ' The Ghost of Tom Joad '

Default Re: Dying to be Ripped Off!

Quote Originally Posted by ruup View Post
    Money money money...give us your money.

Sods!

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=157146
    Well you can’t stoop much lower can you?

And now the same sods that allowed it expect some “Brownie Points” for stopping it.

Jeeez, bring back “Public Floggings”.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Apparently it was because of having things like pacemkares, couldn't cremate you with that in it. Now however they don't check in the same way so the signoff is a bit redundant.
    As to what they used the fee for so what?

At Uni, all the scrap metal (From coax and so on) money went to our own depts Xmas party.
    wipe your paws.

Seems ethical to me. At least they are not trying to make a fast buck from those who spend millions of dollars on making movies only for someone else to get the money

And before you moderators take my message off (on this touchie subject), you dont like people telling how to hack into to software - where are your standards?
    Last edited by Frank_sumbody; 14-11-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: blue

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    Apparently it was because of having things like pacemkares, couldn't cremate you with that in it. Now however they don't check in the same way so the signoff is a bit redundant.
    As to what they used the fee for so what?

At Uni, all the scrap metal (From coax and so on) money went to our own depts Xmas party.
    Same boat ehhh, lol.

Lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_sumbody View Post
    (on this touchie subject), you dont like people telling how to hack into to software - where are your standards?
    What on earth has this rant got to do with the price of fish or even Dr's ripping off the dead?

Mixed Member

OK, I agree with your cynicism Ruup but its a very small thing. During my working lifetime I've administered the swearing of thousands of affidavits, statutory declarations, and legal documents. To qualify to do that required 5 years of law school and then an annual practising certificate of $2,300 per year even if I didn't have a job. Officiating and questioning the swearing of documents (for which I could be required to stand in a witness box) had a fee of One Guinea. By the time I was old enough to work (1980) that translated to $2 plus .50c per exhibit.

By contrast the very few Notary Public appointees require a fee of $100+. But if you needed a document (and it isn't uncommon) sworn for an overseas jurisdiction, then a Notary was the only choice. Ok, apart from a Commissioner for Oaths but seriously, lets not even think about that. You'd be surprised how many people own shares, term deposits, and property in other countries.

If its of any solace, I haven't asked for an oath fee since the late 1980s. Nevertheless, if a doctor is required to certify a cremation for a deceased person, then $100 sounds cheap. Try doing your own cremation of mum and dad and let us know how you get on..
    Last edited by Winston001; 14-11-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

Ash Cash Its shows about how low human beings can go.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Doctors here are entirely acting in character. After all, they make their living by taking money off sick people; so if some sick person tries to avoid the bills by dying, the medics cream it off the surviving relatives. Any car dealer would do the same.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

I just don’t believe that anyone would try and justify the actions of these Doctors.

The Doctors are paid by the District Health Boards for services rendered. I’ll bet there is nothing in their contracts entitling them to rob the dead to pay for their beer and Sky TV.

However, the fact that the Funeral Directors were part of the Money Laundering process makes them an accomplice. Add to this that some of the DHB’s must have known what was going on but turned a “blind eye” makes them an accessory also.

It’s all very well the DHB’s involved trying to excuse themselves by stopping the practise now they’ve been found out. A Rort has taken place and the family’s of the dead are entitled to a full explanation and refund from those involved.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.