Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this true?

Question Is this true?

It's not true in our household,how about yours?

"Household incomes have increased by a third in the last four years, while average house prices have risen nationally by only 1.3 per cent in the same period, making recent real estate market buoyancy unsurprising, says Finance Minister Bill English."

Eh! Really!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10847352
    ' The Ghost of Tom Joad '

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

Default Re: Is this true?

Since our household income is derived from pensions from National Super and the Government Superannuation Fund, then no, they have not risen by a third in the last 4 years, even though National Super is supposed to be tied to 65% or 66% of average weekly wage. Government Superannuation Fund pension is geared to the cost of living index. In both cases any increases are paid around a year in arrears.

I would love to have had a 1/3 increase, but then that would mean inflation would have been around that level too, whereas it has been around the 2% per annum mark

Edit: actually being a pensioner is a secure position in a time of job layoffs and unemployment, guarranteed income for life, we've got it made
    Last edited by Terry Porritt; 14-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Well I have gone up about 20k in the last 4 years due to a variety of factors so I would say for me the first part is true.
    However since I live in Christchurch and house prices have bypassed the Moon and are on their way to Mars, the second certainly isn't.
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar

Double Dipton? I wouldn't believe a word that shyster uttered.
    FTW

Its ok I am from Motueka. prefect's Avatar

I couldn't afford to buy my own house now!
    What should happen is the demand in Auckers should be lowered by not allowing immigrants to buy any more than one house. capital gains tax for flippers, slowing immigration or making immigrants go to other places in the country other than Auckland say for 20 years after landing here.
    Reduce the demand will reduce the price, sort out immigration and flippers you would sort the stupid house prices out. My house in Bluff wouldn't be worth didly squat its just obscene the Auckers house prices.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Angry Re: Is this true?

More to this than meets the eye...

http://www.voxy.co.nz/politics/engli...arker/5/140562

I for one am sick and tired of the bullshit being spread by our politicians,I wish some of them lived in the 'REAL' world instead of planet key.
    ' The Ghost of Tom Joad '

The Zeditor (Admin)

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    I couldn't afford to buy my own house now!
    What should happen is the demand in Auckers should be lowered by not allowing immigrants to buy any more than one house. capital gains tax for flippers, slowing immigration or making immigrants go to other places in the country other than Auckland say for 20 years after landing here.
    Reduce the demand will reduce the price, sort out immigration and flippers you would sort the stupid house prices out. My house in Bluff wouldn't be worth didly squat its just obscene the Auckers house prices.
    I think that's a pretty good idea, all up - immigrants in general have a strong desire to move here, and to provide incentives (rather than forcing) for them to move to less populous and less urban areas is a really good way to help them integrate to the community and build strong ties to the country.

Kitten's Lair, Fortified Bunker, 300m below ground

Quote Originally Posted by Zara Baxter View Post
    I think that's a pretty good idea, all up - immigrants in general have a strong desire to move here, and to provide incentives (rather than forcing) for them to move to less populous and less urban areas is a really good way to help them integrate to the community and build strong ties to the country.
    What sort of incentives can you provide?

After they have residency for two years they can get on the dole.
    Few immigrants will move outside major centers because there are fewer people from their culture and lack of temples and mosques there. Will never, ever happen.
    Who was the first that forged the deadly blade?
    Of rugged steel his savage soul was made.

Kitten's Lair, Fortified Bunker, 300m below ground

We have not seen any increase in income - the only thing we have seen rise is inflation.
    Who was the first that forged the deadly blade?
    Of rugged steel his savage soul was made.

The Zeditor (Admin)

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    What sort of incentives can you provide?.
    In some cases, New Zealand needs immigrants to take up places in cities to fulfill skills shortages (such as doctors), but often these skills are also in demand regionally and rurally. If the immigrant skilled worker needs to register with a New Zealand occupational register, you can make it provisional on serving in a rural or regional area for a period of time or cost a significant fee if they choose not to take that option, for example. If I was a doctor, that might work for me, as an immigrant.

You can make it a proviso of granting residency, with permanent residency only after having lived in a rural/regional centre for 5 years with it taking longer if you move to Auckland. That wouldn't have worked as an incentive for me, because my industry is an urban one, for example, but it might work for someone like my mother.

As for few immigrants moving outside major centres ... heck, few locals do, either. Because of lack of culture and entertainment, of whatever variety.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts - I haven't thought about this in great depth and I'm on deadline, so not really thinking of feasibility in detail either. Sorry.

:-)