Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Mmmmmmmm.............Kate Tukapa's Avatar

Default Re: Doing a bulk order of Nexus phones, anybody keen to join us?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    Yeah I've never had a problem with removeable battery. That is pretty damn pointless if you ask me.
    People say "But you can't replace it if it dies!"
    So I say "Sure, how many times have you kept a spare battery in your bag to replace in the event yours dies? I thought so too...."
    If you're one of the very small minority who do, then that's fine, phone isn't for you, there's a myriad of other phones out there that you can choose from (At least, if you're keen on Android that is).

Finally, the lack of SD card, that's cool if you need more storage, at least you have a choice of other phones / models out there like the SGS3
    You are right on the removable battery - I've never bought or had a spare battery for any of my phones - dunno why that was such an issue for me in my earlier post now that I think of it.

Removable storage for me is a deal killer though - use my phone as MP3 player at the gym every day (who else hates the crap music that all gyms seem to play) as well as when I'm riding my bike home from work every afternoon. And I never know what I'm going to feel like listening to so there's my excuse for needing a good portion of my 100GB of music readily available!

And if I can't get the GPS working again on my S2 then I'm definitely in the market for a new phone.
    Asus P8Z77-V LK, Core i5 3570K, 8GB DDR3 1600, 128GB SSD, 12TB HDD, GeForce GTX660 Ti 2GB, Blu-ray writer, Enermax 750W PSU, Coolermaster CM 690 II Case, Windows 8 Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Sounds like you are talking yourself into a new phone...
    I don't have to trust my arm very hard.... I like new toys!

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

mikebartnz

Quote Originally Posted by Tukapa View Post
    No replaceable battery or expandable storage? I think I've got the right specs.

Mobile data may be cheap overseas but I don't want to have to access my music collection with NZ's mobile data prices when I can just chuck a 32GB micro SD card in my phone.

Seems a bit weird.....
    I'm sure it has wi-fi which you could use to transfer your music.
    Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working when you open Windows.

mikebartnz

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    lack of LTE as well
    I don't think that even needs to be considered in NZ because I don't think it has even hit the drawing board here.
    Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working when you open Windows.

OK. I want one. Put my name down. Ta.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

So we've got quite a few people so far! I can't wait!!
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Quote Originally Posted by Chilling_Silence View Post
    Yeah I've never had a problem with removeable battery. That is pretty damn pointless if you ask me.
    Well on my SGS2 I've had to pull it out twice and on my wifes SGS1 about 4 times after they locked up and could not be turned off or rebooted. So a removable battery is better than non removable..
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

So if I get this right 525 + 15% GST + Shipping of sorts will be about $610 NZD?
    The Master Of Deception

>~~ i7 Sandy Bridge 2630QM 2.0GHz ~~ 4GB RAM ~~ATI 6770M 1Gb~~ 640gb Pri HDD 1tb Secnd~~<

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    Well on my SGS2 I've had to pull it out twice and on my wifes SGS1 about 4 times after they locked up and could not be turned off or rebooted. So a removable battery is better than non removable..
    On phones with a non-removable battery, there's always a "hard reset" button combo you can use which does the same job. Typically this is just holding the power button down for 10+ seconds, although there are also a number of others - which one is used depends on the model of phone.
    If you are interested in reading fanfiction on a mobile device or ebook reader, please visit flagfic.com.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    If it's not just holding down Power for 10 seconds as erayd mentioned, it'll be Power + Vol-Down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Error Guy View Post
    So if I get this right 525 + 15% GST + Shipping of sorts will be about $610 NZD?
    No it should come to NZD$525 all up including GST if my calculations are right.
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro