Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Doing a bulk order of Nexus phones, anybody keen to join us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tukapa View Post
    No replaceable battery or expandable storage? I think I've got the right specs.

Mobile data may be cheap overseas but I don't want to have to access my music collection with NZ's mobile data prices when I can just chuck a 32GB micro SD card in my phone.

Seems a bit weird.....
    lack of LTE as well
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

That's OK, it's not for everyone
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    lack of LTE as well
    Why is that a consideration? Is NZ going to have a viable LTE network in the next twelve to eighteen months? The frequency auction hasn't even happened yet....

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Quote Originally Posted by johcar View Post
    Why is that a consideration? Is NZ going to have a viable LTE network in the next twelve to eighteen months? The frequency auction hasn't even happened yet....
    no, just remember other phones being slammed for same reason plus lack of Sd card and removable battery. I find none of this a deal breaker. But I do remember certain members saying these thing were. You might of even been one of them
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

will places in NZ eventually sell the Nexus 4 online, like how i brought my Gnex??,

may consider an upgrade next year
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

no, just remember other phones being slammed for same reason plus lack of Sd card and removable battery. I find none of this a deal breaker. But I do remember certain members saying these thing were. You might of even been one of them
    You have a good memory!

Yes indeed, the no removable battery and SD card were issues for me.

However, the battery issue is becoming less of an issue in my mind, and I'm beginning to accept that it might not be the biggie that I originally thought it was. But still coming to grips with the storage issue.... 16GB? Hmmm. 32GB better, and 64GB better still - however I am listening to music on my phone less than I used to, so maybe this is getting lower on the priority list for me too...

LTE is definitely not an issue - there are too many different flavours implemented around the world, and NZ is still a couple of years away from any major implementation - and I replace my phone every couple of years (or sooner) anyway...

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Quote Originally Posted by johcar View Post
    However, the battery issue is becoming less of an issue in my mind, and I'm beginning to accept that it might not be the biggie that I originally thought it was. But still coming to grips with the storage issue.... 16GB? Hmmm. 32GB better, and 64GB better still - however I am listening to music on my phone less than I used to, so maybe this is getting lower on the priority list for me too...

LTE is definitely not an issue - there are too many different flavours implemented around the world, and NZ is still a couple of years away from any major implementation - and I replace my phone every couple of years (or sooner) anyway...
    Sounds like you are talking yourself into a new phone...

Yeah I've never had a problem with removeable battery. That is pretty damn pointless if you ask me.
    People say "But you can't replace it if it dies!"
    So I say "Sure, how many times have you kept a spare battery in your bag to replace in the event yours dies? I thought so too...."
    If you're one of the very small minority who do, then that's fine, phone isn't for you, there's a myriad of other phones out there that you can choose from (At least, if you're keen on Android that is).

LTE, sure, because you're always dying for super fast downloads of those masses of HD videos :-/
    I'm on 2degrees because of work, I hate it, it's slow with the most %@#$ reception ever. The XT network I was happy with though, a consistent couple of mbps, fine for even streaming YouTube.

Finally, the lack of SD card, that's cool if you need more storage, at least you have a choice of other phones / models out there like the SGS3
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:

Quote Originally Posted by GameJunkie View Post
    will places in NZ eventually sell the Nexus 4 online, like how i brought my Gnex??,

may consider an upgrade next year
    Some will, but it won't be quite as cheap as importing directly.

im just waiting for photosphere/ 4.2 in the next couple of days
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!