Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Computer infected !!!!!

Hello my name is dave and i would like to ask the community for help:

my problem atm is that my computer had been infected by what is known as a
    rogue virus. The specific virus was something named live security platinum. i am now very stressed as to how to remove this virus. i am on safe mode with networking at the moment. i did use something named malwarebytes anti-malware to try and remove it but im still not completely sure it is gone... how do i make sure this virus is out of my system for good ?

Another Member

Default Re: Computer infected !!!!!

Its fake. It tells you, you system is full of viruses, when it's not. Thats why its called rogue. Follow this to remove it

You did the right thing tho, by booting into safe mode / networking

Its not allways that simple a fix. Sometimes these 'viruses' leave Win trashed after cleaning.
    DONT disable system restore till last, you may need to try & restore to before the infection.

Often there are several variants with the same name, so the cleanup instructions are really only a rough guide.
    Ive one Im trying to fix, live-security-platinum has caused many system services to not work, see if your firewall will start (from control panel) after you clean it

here's a more comprehensive cleanup instruction Im looking at, at the mo..
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/live-se...removal-guide/

Yeah they can be a bugger to remove. I cleaned a similar one off a friends computer and could not get MSE to run on it afterwards despite reloading it and cleaning out all the registry entries etc. In the end I loaded Avast on and told her I'd have another crack at it some other time.

Try what speedy posted first, but even if it works I'd still suggest from safe mode you want to run a barrage of programs, a good anti-virus program plus; Rkill, super-anti spyware, MBAM (which you already mentioned), Hitman pro, spybot. After which you will probably be ok, but there's no way to be sure and it can kill windows in the process if the malware has modified system files. If you think MBAM got it then you could maybe just run all the scans and skip Speedys link. Bear in mind this will reset all your browser history and stored passwords etc.

Sometimes it turns out quicker and easier to wipe windows and start again.

Usually this one comes from clicking on a button on a website that looks like a virus scanner telling you you're infected, the lesson to learn here is NEVER believe a random website that pops up and tells you something like this. Always close the browser and if you are concerned run your own ant-virus and anti-malware software to check your system. It can be tricky because some of them masquerade quite convincingly as common scanners you might have installed, don't be fooled.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    Its fake. It tells you, you system is full of viruses, when it's not. Thats why its called rogue. Follow this to remove it

You did the right thing tho, by booting into safe mode / networking
    Alright so i did something similar to this and i scanned comp with roguekiller.exe while in safe mode with networking (though it gave me no error) but when i ran avast it told me otherwise and said i was still infected with malware... i am running another avast scan and will update when i can

VoidMaster

If you look in Avast Quarantine you may find that Avast has detected Rogue Killer as malware, I did.

Right click Avast in the tray and switch off whilst Rogue Killer is operational.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Consider to back up your data , and do a clean install of Windows. This probably is the quickest way to solve your problem.

the problem you are havng is because its not fully removed - look at the link 1101 posted, theres a reg repair in thats well.

Dont bother using Malwarebytes on its own, its slowly turning into a program that will miss a lot of infections.

Run Super antispyware, Spybot S&D and also hitman pro.

I was cleaning out a PC today, they had run Malwarebytes through it ( last night according to the log) and that didn't find anything, yet hitman pro, detected and removed 173 infections.

Use Nod32 to do the Antivirus scanning, Avast misses a lot as well. Nod32 may or may not find anything, but I wouldn't trust Avast totally.

Banned

I'm not good at the computer,but thanks for the others' sharing