Default Asus Transformer - which model?

Hubby has said I can get one as an early birthday present

I am after something like this because been looking at tablets for a while, but I need something that I can use easily at meetings (with the keyboard), for browsing the internet, or taking notes - not for presentations or anything like that. Having no 3G is not an issue for me as I'd turn my smartphone into a wifi hotspot if no other wifi connection was available.

I have been doing some reading on this forum about them, and Chill mentioned somewhere that he suggests Tegra3 over Tegra2; I have found this model: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T-1K101A 32GB. Would this model be a good one to get?

I probably won't be saving lots of things onto the tablet itself so I feel 32GB would be sufficient.
    What's going on? I don't know. Do you?

Default Re: Asus Transformer - which model?

I have a TF300T with the keyboard dock - in my opinion it's an outstanding device, and I'm very pleased with my choice.

I'd the the latest model, the transformer eyefinity, just for the 1080p screen. Browsing the internet, looking at photos, anything will look better on a 1920x1080 screen than 1200x800 screen.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Yup 300T resolves the issue with poor WiFi / GPS that the Transformer Prime (TF201) had. Go for it

Tegra 3 all the way in both the Prime, 300T, Nexus 7, One X (phone) ... Having owned the original Transformer TF101 which was a Tegra2, I can safely say the difference between the Tegra2 and Tegra3 is massive!!
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Double post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slankydudl View Post
    Dont buy computer components that are listed as faulty because when you get them they tend to not work very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    I've got a nice little system you can have.

I just have to let my wife know that she can't have it anymore.

Get the asus padfone. Its the tranformer prime with a phone!!! Way more expensive though
    Quote Originally Posted by Slankydudl View Post
    Dont buy computer components that are listed as faulty because when you get them they tend to not work very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metla View Post
    I've got a nice little system you can have.

I just have to let my wife know that she can't have it anymore.

IT Contractor

If you can afford it, Transformer Infinity TF700T, no doubt. If funds don't stretch that far, TF300T. I would also say the TF101 over the TF201 if you're really keeping costs down, as it doesn't suffer the same GPS/Wifi issues as it's short-lived replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by stratex5 View Post
    Get the asus padfone. Its the tranformer prime with a phone!!! Way more expensive though
    Padfone is the TF101-spec (so, way outclassed by the current TF700T), though, which is great as a phone, but if you only want a tablet, it's expensive for what it is. Good product, but hard to find, and doesn't excel as a full-time tablet.
    Last edited by inphinity; 14-08-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Windows 7 x64 // i5-3570K // 16GB DDR3-1600 // GTX660Ti 2GB // Samsung 830 120GB SSD // OCZ Agility4 120GB SSD
    Windows 7 x64 // Phenom II 955 // 8GB DDR3-1333 // GTX460 1GB // Corsair Force3 120GB SSD
    Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505

Thanks everyone , good to know the TF300T is a decent model, definitely getting this one.

The TF700T out of my price range.
    What's going on? I don't know. Do you?

I currently have the TF201 Prime. It is an excellent device, but will be far better once jellybean is on it. The GPS/WIFI is quite crap and the camera also has a few issues. The Infinity is the same as the prime. TF300 is also great but it just has a plastic back which may feel a bit cheap, but it's fine with me.

However, with all 10.1 inch Android tablets, there are very few tablet optimized apps, so don't expect iPad like appstore on Android because it simply does not compare when it comes to tablets.

Also if you import the device it should work out cheaper because there is about a $250 price difference compared with the price I payed and the price here at JBHIFI.
    My Tech:

i5 4670, 8GB RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, AOC 1080p monitor, K280 case
    Nexus 7 II (2013)
    Nexus 4

Lots of numbers.