Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOh NOO DVD

Unhappy OOh NOO DVD

PC World Magazine arrived in the box today and I immediately sensed a flacid tome.
    Yup, old habits die hard and I checked all through and in case dropped, for the missing DVD.
    Oh well...Zara Baxter makes a logical explanation but after so many years I'll miss the inclusion just the same as I missed the plastic toy surprise in my cornflakes packet.

Default Re: OOh NOO DVD

Yeah thats what happened to me too, wonder why?

^ Read the Editor's Notes.

I'm happy the DVD's gone. It just went in the bin for me.
    My Tech:

i5 4670, 8GB RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, AOC 1080p monitor, K280 case
    Nexus 7 II (2013)
    Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I'll miss the inclusion just the same as I missed the plastic toy surprise in my cornflakes packet.
    I know what you mean, I had a great collection of WWII planes from the same source, but somehow they got lost when we moved from our original home.

Being a bit green, several years ago I was digging out generations of rubbish-dumping in the bush at the rear of my house (shoes, bottles, car tyres, concrete, old pots and pans, you name it) I came across one lonely Kellogs model that some kid had lost in years gone by, and now it sits in my memorabilia cabinet to remind me of collections lost and freebies eliminated.

I don't have my copy of the mag yet, so put me out of my misery: Will PCW provide a list of links or will they be downloadable from the PCW site? I hope so! It was worth buying the magazine just for that DvD, so I wonder how many subscriptions will be lost? It might prove to be a false economy, if economies drove the decision.

Cheers

Billy 8-{(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mustang.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	4033  
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

I also have been searching for the DVD that used to come with PC magazine. I will now stop looking for it. The same programmes were usually repeated month after month. With the advent of broadband it is just as easy to download and install a programme that you need. Might save the landfill a bit.

I think that Netguide has also stopped including the DVD.

Having links to the programmes is all I need.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300

I think they should have stuck with punched cards.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy T View Post
    I know what you mean, I had a great collection of WWII planes from the same source, but somehow they got lost when we moved from our original home.

Being a bit green, several years ago I was digging out generations of rubbish-dumping in the bush at the rear of my house (shoes, bottles, car tyres, concrete, old pots and pans, you name it) I came across one lonely Kellogs model that some kid had lost in years gone by, and now it sits in my memorabilia cabinet to remind me of collections lost and freebies eliminated.

I don't have my copy of the mag yet, so put me out of my misery: Will PCW provide a list of links or will they be downloadable from the PCW site? I hope so! It was worth buying the magazine just for that DvD, so I wonder how many subscriptions will be lost? It might prove to be a false economy, if economies drove the decision.

Cheers

Billy 8-{(
    Once we have sorted out our move to Christchurch and I'm up and running again (end Sept probably) I could make you a plane on my 3D printer

Blenheim

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Once we have sorted out our move to Christchurch and I'm up and running again (end Sept probably) I could make you a plane on my 3D printer
    Umm, . . . would it be possible to place a request for one please . ? (Hope this is not being to cheeky.!)

Correct my English!

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Umm, . . . would it be possible to place a request for one please . ? (Hope this is not being to cheeky.!)
    Would you like fries with that?

(A cheeky reply that I have been saying at work whenever I am dishing out pills)

Free, 24/7 telephone health advice service | Healthline - 0800 611 116

Smoking KILLS. Don't let your life be ruled by cigarettes. | Quitline - 0800 778 778 ‎

Join the unofficial PressF1 WCG team!

Yup. That IS a typo. 8ftmetalhaed's Avatar

I stopped getting netguide yonks ago. Used to wait for it religiously, since the articles were worth a read at school, some having relevance to media studies, since my teacher was a fan of dystopic sci fi.
    Then they stopped doing the cd's with it and pushed the price up.
    Not sure how that logic works, but eh.
    When I first got it, it was 3.95. Dec 2003/4, with a full copy of Star Wraiths I believe.
    It's ended up being like 5 bucks. Meh.
    pc: i5 750 8GB ddr3 xfx 5770 Gbyte UD4P55 1TB WD Green, OCZ Vertex 4 64g SSD CoolMast Glad 600 case w/500 W PSU
    Laptop: Gateway i5 430M 4GB DDR3 ATI 5470 512mb 750gb HDD 15" 768p LED panel